PDA

View Full Version : recording a tv series

deltec
31-05-20, 17:08
how do I record a complete tv series whats the procedure or what burion do I have to tuch is it the automatic tape thanks deltec

bellejt
31-05-20, 17:13
automatic recording : EPG blue button .Change and remove date an maybe time

deltec
31-05-20, 17:55
isn t there away just to tape the series

ronand
31-05-20, 18:05
Series Link is proprietary AFAIK and not open source. Enigma2 receivers use "Autotimer" and it works quite well. In your epg select add autotimer. You may need to change a few settings depending on whether the show is daily/weekly but the default settings work quite well.

Joe_90
31-05-20, 23:31
@ronand explains it well - series link is a proprietary feature of Sky/Freesat. Autotimer is excellent at recording a series though - we use it for Corrie, Neighbours, etc. You just need to "fine tune" the settings to ensure you get each episode, whether daily, weekly or some combination in-between.

adm
01-06-20, 09:55
Series Link is proprietary AFAIK and not open source. Enigma2 receivers use "Autotimer" and it works quite well. In your epg select add autotimer. You may need to change a few settings depending on whether the show is daily/weekly but the default settings work quite well.

Series linking simply uses the CRID broadcast information to associate one program with another. I've previously owned a non-freeview/non-sky box that have used this CRID information for this purpose.

However, as you say, an Autotimer captures all episodes in a series without problems for me.