PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] EPG files test, phase 2: Button mods

abu baniaz
29-05-20, 00:22
I require some people to test some newer EPG files. These allow users to configure what the buttons can do in each EPG screen. The defaults will not be affected.

Minimum requirement:
You must be on 5.3 037. If you try with an earlier image, your receiver may not boot.

If you encounter errors, you must be able to plainly and accurately describe the problem and attach the crash log.
Please say the exact button steps to reproduce the error and any relevant options enabled.
If you are using IPTV, you must remove sensitive details before uploading logs.

Testing new files files:

There are no changes required to skins. If your skin supports all the EPG screens fully, they should work as they do now.
Please note: There are no intentions to make any changes that will require any skin changes. Skinners will be able to skin any new features introduced

We have added some functions that you can select. If there are any others you wish to be added, please advise. The options are screen specific at the moment. If there are some screens which you wish to make identical and, please say.
The tabbed bouquets are not included in this test

Please test and use as you like and report back any errors/issues you experience. As with the previous test, I will be soft-deleting posts that are resolved until the end of the trial.

I am also bundling an extra test with this package
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62885-Volunteers-to-test-an-experimental-change

Backing up files:
Create a settings backup that you can restore if things go belly up. Make an extra copy of it on your PC.
Should thngs gow rong, flash and restore will be required.

Test Files
Extract the attachment and transfer the files using FTP
The xml files go in /usr/share/enigma2/
The python folder go in /usr/lib/enigma2/
Restart

abu baniaz
29-05-20, 00:22
Edit: 13/7/2020

Latest files for 5.3 037

Hopefully this is the last release image and we can add these changes soon after 5.4 images

abu baniaz
29-05-20, 00:23
Post 3 reserved

twol
29-05-20, 12:53
Just tried the basics (changed a few button entries) and works OK - needs more testing - later

ccs
29-05-20, 13:06
Up and running ok. Initial tests do what I'd expect.

Willo3092
29-05-20, 16:43
Looking very good so far :thumbsup: Changing yellow and blue in multiepg to -24 & +24 respectively doesn't seem to work (Vix 5.3.033)
Any chance of epg page up/down for the channel +/- buttons?

dsayers
29-05-20, 16:57
Seems ok here. Can ch+/- be added and possibly option to use numbers to type channel numbers into epg?

ccs
29-05-20, 16:57
Looking very good so far :thumbsup: Changing yellow and blue in multiepg to -24 & +24 respectively doesn't seem to work (Vix 5.3.033)
Any chance of epg page up/down for the channel +/- buttons?

The channel +/- buttons already do +24 and -24 hrs in Grid EPG. Could get very complicated.

Willo3092
29-05-20, 19:53
But you can now change the coloured buttons to +/- 24 seems a waste of buttons for 2 sets of buttons doing the same thing.
Page up and down on the channel buttons was the best feature in the old modded epgselection imho .... well that and the tabs function.

simonc
29-05-20, 20:04
Yes, it could get complicated!

I am tempted by the ch+/ch- for paging up/down simply because the number buttons are just a little too far away on my own remote. That's also consistent with the setup screens (but not any of the single paging lists elsewhere).

Fairly easy to add EPG channel selection as an option on the number buttons. It's already there in the single EPG.

dsayers
29-05-20, 20:11
First crash. In grid epg I have bouquets on launch to yes if I press epg to bring up the list of bouquets and press exit before entering a bouquet I get a crash. I get no crash if I enter a bouquet then exit.

< 11693.7422> Traceback (most recent call last):
< 11693.7423> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 244, in processDelay
< 11693.7425> callback(*retval)
< 11693.7425> TypeError: openEPG() takes exactly 3 arguments (1 given)
< 11693.7426> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x9e803170>>,()) failed)

ccs
29-05-20, 20:13
My problem is I use a harmony remote, so I haven't a clue what keys actually page up and down, I just use buttons which are handy (eg long press epg).

ccs
29-05-20, 20:17
First crash. In grid epg I have bouquets on launch to yes if I press epg to bring up the list of bouquets and press exit before entering a bouquet I get a crash. I get no crash if I enter a bouquet then exit.

< 11693.7422> Traceback (most recent call last):
< 11693.7423> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 244, in processDelay
< 11693.7425> callback(*retval)
< 11693.7425> TypeError: openEPG() takes exactly 3 arguments (1 given)
< 11693.7426> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x9e803170>>,()) failed)

Me too, same crash.

bbbuk
29-05-20, 21:03
Sorry bit late joining this... Had to watch TakeThat (don't ask haha)

Yes, I confirm crash too

bbbuk
29-05-20, 21:21
Except for crash mentioned above, been great so far. Thank you.

However, could I add a request please? The original mod had "Show Movies" option available (which I use a lot). When convenient, any chance this could be added please?

This was just a few lines of code:

https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/commit/693b740dc3e1d94ffc19ea7d0eb376012f2edc30#diff-408709214d51e87e6c4bc90116c358edR28

https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/commit/a29ec9a94357e1aae7564ce00d9242784c54b9fd#diff-408709214d51e87e6c4bc90116c358edR1020-R1022
Along with usual adding to UsageConfig file, etc.

simonc
29-05-20, 22:00
I can guarantee I'll need to write far less code than the ATV way :) Does the movielist option bring it up as a popup which takes you back to the EPG if you exit? I can't tell from the ATV code.

ATV offers the following extras:
- movielist (which they call Recordings, a better name IMO)
- bouquet list
- next bouquet
- prev bouquet
- goto date/time
- page up
- page down

I've already added pageup and down as options on ch+/ch- to my local build. What's the feeling in adding any/all/a selection of the above? Anything else missing that would be appreciated? We will probably have the same discussions about repeating functions on buttons if we add more items, e.g. < and > for next/prev bouquet.

ccs
29-05-20, 22:12
I've already added pageup and down as options on ch+/ch- to my local build.

Where does that leave +24/-24 hours ? Seems a waste to use the coloured buttons when 3 (in my case) are already fixed.

I guess long press is an option, or maybe something like FF/Rewind ?

simonc
29-05-20, 22:35
On Ch+/- you can keep the existing default +24/-24 or you can set it to pageup/down instead.
You can put +24/-24 on any of the coloured buttons. I'm trialling short press red +24, long press red -24

ccs
29-05-20, 22:37
On Ch+/- you can keep the existing default +24/-24 or you can set it to pageup/down instead.
You can put +24/-24 on any of the coloured buttons. I'm trialling short press red +24, long press red -24

I wondered about that, it's the only coloured button I'd have spare.

simonc
29-05-20, 22:59
It'd be possible to have long press on the ch+/- buttons. We should perhaps consider making the playback controls << and >> available too

BrianTheTechieSnail
30-05-20, 02:57
Dunno if this is caused by me running with your mod or not but I noticed slight weirdness in my EPG:
I drew on in it maganta to show what I mean.

BrianTheTechieSnail
30-05-20, 03:58
I had my H7S set to prefer Tuner B for recording and Tuner A for viewing.
Now it seems to prefer Tuner A for everything, which is a shame since one of my feeds is slightly more prone to fading in heavy rain etc so I'd like to use it for recordings and not to use it for viewing.
Not sure if the upgrade to 033 did this, or if it changed when I installed your new phase 2 button mods test.

bbbuk
30-05-20, 08:09
Dunno if this is caused by me running with your mod or not but I noticed slight weirdness in my EPG:
I drew on in it maganta to show what I mean.It maybe easier flashing back to 033 without any mod to see if this replicated. What programme is that and see that without mod if its same for that same programme

bbbuk
30-05-20, 08:20
I can guarantee I'll need to write far less code than the ATV way :)My coding skills on python aren't as good haha. I first learned coding with BASIC haha (anyone old enough to remember that haha)?

Does the movielist option bring it up as a popup which takes you back to the EPG if you exit? I can't tell from the ATV code...The original mod would bring up the movielist that looked same if you had gone straight to it via normal methods.

I think, but don't quote me on it, that it then took you back to EPG on exit. So, yes, a pop-up but full screen.

I personally use it because if you're browsing EPG and there is nothing on (usual haha) then easy to press one of the coloured buttons to see what recording you have.

ccs
30-05-20, 09:33
I drew on in it maganta to show what I mean.

I mentioned it a while ago here....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62885-Volunteers-to-test-an-experimental-change&p=498173&viewfull=1#post498173

Probably got lost in the wash. :)

^^COMPASS^^
30-05-20, 10:28
Could I ask If this option could be included please?

Add the ability to call on a coloured button to bring up 4 configurable options (in a similar way to kiddac’s skin mods maybe)

Screenshot attached from one of my boxes setup this way using his mod.

Thanks Dave.

simonc
30-05-20, 11:16

60294This has always been a bit odd, sticking the end padding icon on the right - that's just where all the recording icons get put. It wouldn't be too difficult to stick it on the left and move the text across a bit.

The EPG doesn't have anything to do with the recording preferred tuner, so I think something must've changed elsewhere to make your installation switch to preferring tuner A. Maybe double check your config hasn't got changed by something. The timer logs might shed some light on its choice of tuner too.

simonc
30-05-20, 11:27
My coding skills on python aren't as good haha. I first learned coding with BASIC haha (anyone old enough to remember that haha)?

The original mod would bring up the movielist that looked same if you had gone straight to it via normal methods.

I think, but don't quote me on it, that it then took you back to EPG on exit. So, yes, a pop-up but full screen.
Oh yes, I remember BASIC alright, until I decided it wasn't quick enough and started on 6502 assembler. I barely have the patience for C++ these days, all that manual memory management. <shudder>

So, rather inconsistently, the ATV movielist button opens the list, if you press exit, you're back on the EPG where you left it. If press OK on a recording, it closes the movielist and the EPG. If you press Play on a recording to preview it, it starts it in the background but doesn't close anything, so you end up pressing Exit twice to get to full screen playback.

simonc
30-05-20, 11:29
I mentioned it a while ago here....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62885-Volunteers-to-test-an-experimental-change&p=498173&viewfull=1#post498173

Probably got lost in the wash. :)

I had a look at this and couldn't work out exactly what was going on. It's some kind of interaction between the change of selected/not selected icon and clipping rectangles. When you move the selection up/down, it redraws the entire row, so you get the correct icon.

simonc
30-05-20, 11:43
Could I ask If this option could be included please?

Add the ability to call on a coloured button to bring up 4 configurable options (in a similar way to kiddac’s skin mods maybe)

I rather like the Sky style popup menu, it's quite user friendly because you continue to see the context of the menu - the selection is in full view. However, there's already a mechanism for context type menus; it's just not consistently applied across all screens. If you press Menu on the channel list or the movie list, you get a menu of things you can do with the current selection, plus a Configuration/Settings options for setup things, which in normal usage you don't really mess about with. The EPG menus aren't arranged like this, they just take you straight into settings. Perhaps this is where these extras should be. On the other hand, the full screen menus don't give you any idea of what you've got selected.

BrianTheTechieSnail
30-05-20, 16:50
The EPG doesn't have anything to do with the recording preferred tuner, so I think something must've changed elsewhere to make your installation switch to preferring tuner A. Maybe double check your config hasn't got changed by something. The timer logs might shed some light on its choice of tuner too.

Yes I think I probably made a mistake, it seems to be correctly preferring Tuner B for recordings now.
Sorry folks.

abu baniaz
30-05-20, 22:42
With regards to the multiple options, that is also presented with button setup when more than one function is assigned.

BrianTheTechieSnail
31-05-20, 00:42
I don't seem to be able to create an autotimer that doesn't record repeats with the same short description as a previous recording of the same show. It only records the show once and never again AFAICS.
I'm pretty certain it worked before.
Could that be due to me using the EPG files test, phase 2 Button mods.
I will try reverting to normal 5.3.033.

BrianTheTechieSnail
31-05-20, 01:37
I don't seem to be able to create an autotimer that doesn't record repeats with the same short description as a previous recording of the same show. It only records the show once and never again AFAICS.

Nope. Dunno why I can't seem to do it now :(

simonc
31-05-20, 14:10
With regards to the multiple options, that is also presented with button setup when more than one function is assigned.

Interesting, we could do that but it would be a more complicated button setup process.

abu baniaz
31-05-20, 14:25
Simple is best. I have uploaded a copy of the previous mod on Dev side for you.

BrianTheTechieSnail
31-05-20, 15:29

I think it's working but not for a particular show (on a particular channel).
Are the short and long descriptions not the same as the text I see when looking through the EPG?
How can they always be the same for one particular show when I see different descriptions in the EPG?

ccs
07-06-20, 14:34
No issues in 5.3.034, apart from the crash when exiting the bouquet list, mentioned before in 5.3.033.

bbbuk
07-06-20, 20:20
No issues in 5.3.034, apart from the crash when exiting the bouquet list, mentioned before in 5.3.033.
With help of debug statements, this (https://github.com/SimonCapewell/enigma2/blob/epg-custom-buttons/lib/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py#L1631) is the line that causes crash.

BrianTheTechieSnail
09-06-20, 23:50
I upgraded to 034 and ran it for a couple of days but something weird was going on with the EPG. A weeks worth of events were in the EPG but all entries for than 2 or 3 days ahead showed as blank (no title, no description or a few caracters of rubbish description - almost nothing except the start and end times).

I didn't reinstall the "EPG files test, phase 2: Button mods" so I guess I was running 034 without these?

I've restored my image of 033 with the new mod tests, restored my latest settings and now and the EPG is okay!
This is weird!
Am I going mad and seeing things?

abu baniaz
12-06-20, 13:00
Attached are latest set of files.

Fixes the crash that was reported earlier.
Allows usage of Ch+/CH- for paging. Default is 24hour jumps
The number selection that AndyBlac added to Enhanced EPG 7 years ago has been extended to apply to Grid EPG. Option is currently called "Number buttons mode", default is off. It works without issue on the bouquet you are in.

EDIT:
Also with the OK button change referred to below

Some skin changes are required to fully support these. Draft files attached and go in /usr/share/enigma2/

Change log here
https://github.com/SimonCapewell/enigma2/commits/epg-custom-buttons

ccs
12-06-20, 13:36
Up and running ok here.

Can I make a suggestion about the ok button in grid epg. I'm used to it giving program info, rather than zapping. Any chance of that option?
For me, the info key is awkward whereas the navigation buttons are all together.
Long press could still zap.

Daft question....

Pressing back moves the selection back to the current time, then the service the EPG opened on
On grid and multi EPGs a third press moves the selection to the first service

What's the back button?

ccs
12-06-20, 14:23
.... found the back button, but I don't think all remotes have one.

abu baniaz
12-06-20, 14:49
Not all remotes are the same, so it is an impossible task to make something that will work for everyone. Those without a button won't benefit from additions and will function the same as now. Just like how Vu receivers lose out on info/epg differences. I don't have a Help or back button on my remote. The info button is in near middle though.

Rewind/FFWd buttons do nothing in EPG, most remotes have them. One of the main issues was that people don't know what the buttons do. To me, adding more button functions just adds to complexity. There has to be a balance/compromise.

ccs
12-06-20, 14:58
To me, adding more button functions just adds to complexity. There has to be a balance/compromise.
Adding another option to ok would make no difference to the complexity - it's already in the menu and, like all the alternatives, you use them if you want to.
There are already hundreds of permutation and combinations.

abu baniaz
12-06-20, 15:05
I was commenting about the back button. Only consideration I see with the OK button is how it will interact with the preview mode function.

ccs
12-06-20, 15:08
I was commenting about the back button. Only consideration I see with the OK button is how it will interact with the preview mode function.

OK :)

I wouldn't use the back button anyway. I don't use preview mode either, but clearly it would need to be catered for.

simonc
12-06-20, 19:37
I can't think of a reason for not allowing info on OK, it does make a rather convenient pairing with the event view, which closes when you press OK. So, we'll have zap, zap+exit or show more info. It's just a matter of choosing a sensible subset of available actions that fit with the general theme of the button. I'll add it unless anyone can think of a solid objection. Preview mode would still be catered for on whichever button you put a zap action on.

In a few places, OpenVix doubles up button functions where there's a dedicated button for it (Green and Timer is the one that immediately springs to mind). When you've got a labelled button, you tend to use it rather than the mysterious Green, even though you know it opens timers. The rationale for adding Back (some remotes it might be recall) is that when you've got the numbers set for jumping to a channel, it's hard to get back to the current channel or time, so it's a kind of hybrid of 5 and 0, toggling between the two.

I do rather wish was consistent was the buttons for paging. In most places it's left and right, in config it's ch+/ch- and in the Grid EPG it's 2 and 8. You could perhaps use FFWD and RWD, but who would reach for that when left and right is already under the thumb? Abu is correct about striking a balance.

You can grab the updated file from here if you want to try it out

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SimonCapewell/enigma2/epg-custom-buttons/lib/python/Screens/EpgSelectionBase.py

ccs
12-06-20, 19:47
... nice one, thanks for that, working fine !!

What a difference, for me, at least. :)

simonc
12-06-20, 19:55
Yes, it's amazing what a difference it makes having buttons set up a bit more ergonomically. More or less impossible to do by default thanks to the multitude of remotes, it's always going to be a compromise for someone.

bbbuk
13-06-20, 17:34

The number selection that AndyBlac added to Enhanced EPG 7 years ago has been extended to apply to Grid EPG. Option is currently called "Number buttons mode", default is off. It works without issue on the bouquet you are in.

Some skin changes are required to fully support these. Draft files attached and go in /usr/share/enigma2/

Change log here
Thank you for this. Great so far, no issues :)

I use the Confluence skin which common skin is vixbmc_1080_common.

What do I need to change to introduce the number button mode so it works on skin I use?

bbbuk
13-06-20, 18:23
Thank you for this. Great so far, no issues :)

I use the Confluence skin which common skin is vixbmc_1080_common.

What do I need to change to introduce the number button mode so it works on skin I use?Like maybe, if possible, using skin_user.xml file in /etc/enigma2 :)

simonc
13-06-20, 18:24
I've made a start on skin updates, which you can see here

https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/pull/63/files

BrianTheTechieSnail
13-06-20, 18:30

Change log here

Seems to work nicely added into 5.3.034.
Unexplained weirdness I had with 5.3.034 before is gone.
Thanks.

abu baniaz
13-06-20, 19:04
IMO just adding it to the emergency skin will ensure it shows for everyone. It can then be tweaked for other skins.

simonc
13-06-20, 19:06
Can you point me in the right direction? Doesn't seem to be an emergency.xml or emergency/skin.xml

abu baniaz
13-06-20, 19:15
Im sure I sent you link in PM a few days ago. Anyway, here it is again. I added the number zap picon to it already

Other images use it too. Screens not used by them obviously won't affect them.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-e2-skindefault

bbbuk
13-06-20, 20:09
IMO just adding it to the emergency skin will ensure it shows for everyone. It can then be tweaked for other skins.Can it be added to emergency/default skin? If it's requires specific settings of where to place things (ie x and y co-ordinates), can that be done as a universal answer for short term?

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-06-20, 00:48
WTH?
Why does "Behaviour when a movie reaches the end" keep getting changed to "Return to previous service"?
Could that be due to these new tests or is it a problem with 5.3.034?

dsayers
14-06-20, 07:44

EDIT:
Also with the OK button change referred to below

Change log here

With the number zap I've noticed this only works for typing numbers in the current bouquet. If I'm in entertainment and try 301 for sky Premiere it doesn't seem to move to that channel.

If I'm in entertainment I can type 135 for E4 HD and that works

simonc
14-06-20, 12:27
Why does "Behaviour when a movie reaches the end" keep getting changed to "Return to previous service"?
Could that be due to these new tests or is it a problem with 5.3.034?
There's no changes to the movie code in the EPG changes and a cursory glance at the history of the movie related files shows no recent changes anywhere that'd change the playback ended behaviour.

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-06-20, 15:10
How do I get rid of these test files?
I want to report a possible bug in plain OpenVIX.
Would doing a USB flash using https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/zgemmah7/openvix-5.3.034.release-zgemmah7_recovery_emmc.zip
and restoring my settings do it?

abu baniaz
14-06-20, 15:19
Flash and restore will do it for you.

simonc
17-06-20, 20:04
With the number zap I've noticed this only works for typing numbers in the current bouquet. If I'm in entertainment and try 301 for sky Premiere it doesn't seem to move to that channel.
Thanks. I've just committed a fix for this.

abu baniaz
17-06-20, 21:51
Latest files attached.

OK button configurable in Grid EPG
Allows for selecting number in different bouquet
InfobarEPG number navigation
Crash fix for multibouquet = no
Change primetime to set the time of the left hand edge of the grid EPG

Change log here
https://github.com/SimonCapewell/eni...custom-buttons (https://github.com/SimonCapewell/enigma2/commits/epg-custom-buttons)

Nothing changed with previous skin upload, just adding here to keep together.

ccs
18-06-20, 11:48
I overwrote the existing phase 2 files using epg-mod-buttons_2020.06.17.zip and restarted.

Everything ok, except the HD channels bouquet now has CBBC HD and Cbeebies HD included. (They're excluded in ABM):confused:

I've not retuned for ages, and my other box with the earlier phase 2 mods doesn't show them.

ccs
18-06-20, 12:01
I went back to the earlier phase 2 release, and CBBC HD and Cbeebies HD are still there. Maybe a new placeholder is being picked up?

Retuned and they're now gone. Sorry, must be me again, although the other box never showed them.

Reinstalled the latest epg test files and now HD Channels bouquet is as expected.

abu baniaz
19-06-20, 21:21
There is an inconsistency with the text when pressing the record button between the screens in channel selection and the EPG screens. One set says add timer other says record now. Looks like it is to do with interaction with autotimer. Anyway, let's stay away from channel selection for now.

On the EPG screens, when a recording is active, there are three options:
Delete Timer (green)
Edit timer (blue)
Disable timer (no colour)

Can a colour button be assigned to it please?

Secondly, can we add a long press record function and make it record the current event without the prompts? I suppose there will be scope to configure what short/long does. But that may be complicated if a recording is taking place.

simonc
21-06-20, 12:10
I'd say the difference is justified; on the channel selection you have to decide whether you want to record the thing that's playing now, or the thing that's next, so the text needs to be different, at least for Record now

For that EPG option, we already have Add Timer on green by default, which pops the menu up when there's a timer on the selected event.

Long record is currently in use by set a silent z** timer.

Personally, I'd like record to set a timer silently without the Timer/AutoTimer popup menu. Perhaps the record button should be included in the key options, with the following options:
- Timer popup menu (the current behaviour)
- Add Timer (same as green)
- Quick Add Timer (same as picking Timer from the current popup menu)
- Quick Add Zap Timer (same as picking AutoTimer from the current popup menu)

How many people are using the instant autotimer from the Record button popup? You get no feedback when creating an AutoTimer this way, it takes a minute or two before autimer kicks in and adds the timer, which makes for a poor user experience. I'd expect it to immediately set a timer and show it with the autotimer icon.

Willo3092
21-06-20, 13:03
How many people are using the instant autotimer from the Record button popup? You get no feedback when creating an AutoTimer this way, it takes a minute or two before autimer kicks in and adds the timer, which makes for a poor user experience. I'd expect it to immediately set a timer and show it with the autotimer icon.

I use the record button to add timers and autotimers and allocated the coloured buttons to IMDB search, EPG search, CH- and CH+
I have changed the AutoTimerSilent to just AutoTimer in epgselectionbase.py so that I still get the autotimer options though.

abu baniaz
21-06-20, 13:34
I didn't realise those were different functions even though text is same. Let's go with the configurable options if others agree.

My opinion is that there should an option to press record and it records with no further selections/button presses. The conflict checks run before it kicks off.

bbbuk
22-06-20, 16:40
...How many people are using the instant autotimer from the Record button popup? You get no feedback when creating an AutoTimer this way, it takes a minute or two before autimer kicks in and adds the timer, which makes for a poor user experience. I'd expect it to immediately set a timer and show it with the autotimer icon.

I use the record button to add timers and autotimers and allocated the coloured buttons to IMDB search, EPG search, CH- and CH+
I have changed the AutoTimerSilent to just AutoTimer in epgselectionbase.py so that I still get the autotimer options though.
My preference is something similar except I prefer autotimersilent because most of time the AutoTimer defaults I've set handle that for me.

However, maybe add a default option (via menu) that checks whether you prefer normal AutoTimer (where u get prompted for everything) or AutoTimerSilent when you press the Rec button?

Basically, an extra check would have to be put in when user clicks on AutoTimer (via Rec button). If user has set default to run AutoTimerSilent then run it otherwise run AutoTimer.

Update:

So around this (https://github.com/SimonCapewell/enigma2/blob/epg-custom-buttons/lib/python/Screens/EpgSelectionBase.py#L380) line, a check is done to see if user would prefer to run AutoTimer (ie so they can make amendments) or AutoTimerSilent (current default, where it's added based on defaults previously set in AutoTimer).

Best of both worlds this way and upto user to decide based upon their preference.

I'm happy to do a PR based on this from simonc branch?

simonc
22-06-20, 22:03
I'm currently pondering how to fit the record button options into the rather more generic user defined buttons code that the EPG uses. It's doable, just needs a little careful design before proceeding with it :)

ccs
23-06-20, 09:41
Crash reported here, epg search......

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63031-Pressing-yellow-button-causes-crash&p=499503&viewfull=1#post499503

Willo3092
23-06-20, 10:04
On the Blue HD skin I'm getting picon_default.png where the EPG Zap would be when the EPG is opened.
After using the number zap function (which works as it should) it disappears until the EPG is opened again.

simonc
23-06-20, 18:43
On the Blue HD skin I'm getting picon_default.png where the EPG Zap would be when the EPG is opened.

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me that this still needs sorting. I'm going to completely change the way the picon in the zap popup is composed as it's not very flexible as things stand.

abu baniaz
05-07-20, 18:27
latest files in post 2

Main new things:
- rec/reclong customisation
- EPG service number selector is now a skinnable screen, name is EPGServiceNumberSelection

ccs
05-07-20, 18:33
latest files in post 2

Filename got me confused for a while... epg-mod-buttons_2020.05.07.zip

ccs
05-07-20, 19:24
Installed ok, rec button seems to do what's on the tin. :)

ccs
05-07-20, 19:43
Just noticed that the blue button is no longer labelled in simple_1080.....

Comes back ok after you've changed short blue to something else.

abu baniaz
05-07-20, 20:21
Just noticed that the blue button is no longer labelled in simple_1080.....

Comes back ok after you've changed short blue to something else.

It is only blank for me if you set it to "do nothing".

ccs
05-07-20, 21:25
It is only blank for me if you set it to "do nothing".

Well it does for me, I've reflashed and restored settings (again), added the epg mods, and the blue button is blank.

Only when I change the blue button value does "config.epgselection.grid.btn_blue=" appear in the settings file.

Maybe your settings file already had "config.epgselection.grid.btn_blue="?

abu baniaz
05-07-20, 21:51
I can confirm the bug. To recreate it, "init 4", edit the settings file and delete the line that has "config.epgselection.grid.btn_blue=", save transfer back and restart with "init 3".

Although there is no text, blue button does perform the default "Add Auto Timer" function. Default funtions are not usually added to settings file, the other button values are not registered and still show.

bbbuk
05-07-20, 21:54
Ok, updated to latest EPG test files and my blue button was okay (I also already had relevant value in settings file).

However, based on what @ccs noticed, I did a test and removed all coloured button values from my settings file and can also confirm that if user hasn't already custom picked their coloured buttons then the Blue button (and just the Blue button) does indeed show as blank.

Therefore, by default this is going to show as blank to user albeit the default action of AutoTimer does still occur therefore it's just the label name that isn't defaulting!

UPDATE:
Also missing on InfoBar and potentially other screens.

Sorry @Abu, looks like we posted at relatively same time with same findings lol

simonc
06-07-20, 17:59
The blue button problem is probably an incorrect default in EpgConfig.py. I'll have a look...

abu baniaz
08-07-20, 19:56
This fixes it for me. Thanks.
https://github.com/SimonCapewell/enigma2/commit/6badb544ac00dd2de6b48718f7bccd1a0baeff6e

post 2 now has files including that commit.

ccs
08-07-20, 21:22
.... yes, works ok for me, cheers.:thumbsup:

abu baniaz
10-07-20, 06:54
Please do not update to 036 if testing these files. There is a clash with one of the other changes. Compatible files will be provided in due course.

EDIT: attachment removed for now.

abu baniaz
14-07-20, 00:01
Post 2 edited to include files for 5.3 037.

ccs
14-07-20, 11:34
I notice there is no skin_default.xml in epg-mod-buttons_2020.07.13

Is that file no longer needed, or should we use the one from epg-mod-buttons_2020.07.08?

abu baniaz
14-07-20, 12:12
I notice there is no skin_default.xml in epg-mod-buttons_2020.07.13

Is that file no longer needed, or should we use the one from epg-mod-buttons_2020.07.08?

It is no longer needed, the element is included in the emergency skin now and will be used if the active/current skin does not have anything unique to its style/layout.

abu baniaz
26-07-20, 22:25
We are moving onto 5.4 images. These changes won't be in the first image but will be added soon afterwards.

dsayers
23-01-21, 22:29
Any updates on this? Possibly option for epg tabs/guide bouquet list?

bazbailey
23-01-21, 22:48
Any updates on this? Possibly option for epg tabs/guide bouquet list?

That would be a great addition to add in the tabbed functionality

abu baniaz
24-01-21, 18:33
The changes are already in the image.

With regards to "tabbed boiuquets":
The switching bouquets with left right has always been there. You just can't see the bouquets that you will be jumping to. I don't see the benefit in it especially now that people can zap by numbers anyway.