PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 mutant hd51 new image problem

liverpoolee
26-05-20, 10:38
hi, cant find this anywhere but it seems an obvious error somewhere that I'm missing.
i have been flashing my mutant 51 box without problems for years. put the hd51 folder on my kingston and it would flash no problem. since the end of april ive noticed the updates are a lot smaller in size. when i put this on the usb stick and try to flash its saying 'no partition' then fails. when i look inside the extracted folder the disk image file is missing, hence the smaller file size.
has there been a revised way of flashing the box that I've missed or something? i also have a mutant 1200 which updates fine. It's just the last few updates of the mutand hd51 that will not flash.
any pointers welcome....lee

Andy_Hazza
26-05-20, 10:50
Use the Couch flash method. Blue button > ViX > Image Manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liverpoolee
26-05-20, 17:37
*frantically types, 'wtf is the couch method'*

cheers.

ronand
26-05-20, 17:48
No need for such complexity at all. In the Image Manager select downloads and download the latest image from there and then flash it. Couch flashing refers to the fact that you can do it from your couch with the remote - no need to get up at all

liverpoolee
27-05-20, 08:04
No need for such complexity at all. In the Image Manager select downloads and download the latest image from there and then flash it. Couch flashing refers to the fact that you can do it from your couch with the remote - no need to get up at all

Yeah, done it last night. Much better method.
cheers fellas.

aadham
28-05-20, 15:02
Hi
I'm facing the same error and would appreciate your kind help in fixing the issue as when I try this method the box crashes.
Current running 5.3.025, 1TB internal HDD with 74GB free space and default skin.
I've attached the error log file.
Thanks

twol
28-05-20, 16:44
Hi
I'm facing the same error and would appreciate your kind help in fixing the issue as when I try this method the box crashes.
Current running 5.3.025, 1TB internal HDD with 74GB free space and default skin.
I've attached the error log file.
Thanks

Version 5.3.025 had an issue with downloading, so to get round it either software update to the next release and for future releases afterwards use ImageManager or download the image zip file from the downloads link above and copy to the imagebackups directory on your hdd (probably /media/hdd/imagebackups) - then use ImageManager to flash the copied image. If nothing is listed in ImageManager, then hit the menu button and change the backup location and save.

aadham
28-05-20, 17:01
Version 5.3.025 had an issue with downloading, so to get round it either software update to the next release and for future releases afterwards use ImageManager or download the image zip file from the downloads link above and copy to the imagebackups directory on your hdd (probably /media/hdd/imagebackups) - then use ImageManager to flash the copied image. If nothing is listed in ImageManager, then hit the menu button and change the backup location and save.

Thanks a lot, twol. That did it.

xsony_ngux
31-05-20, 03:26

If you use ImageManager, would the downloaded latest version when flashing have all the backup on this new image or would you set up from scratch?

Because i wouldn't want to overwrite my previous backup if that is the case.

I understand there's 4 slots i can multiboot into.

Ah i will restore from backupmanager i guess.

twol
31-05-20, 06:42
If you use ImageManager, would the downloaded latest version when flashing have all the backup on this new image or would you set up from scratch?

Because i wouldn't want to overwrite my previous backup if that is the case.

I understand there's 4 slots i can multiboot into.

Ah i will restore from backupmanager i guess.
Correct make sure you backup your settings 1st and then use ImageManager to flash a slot and on the reboot, say yes to restore settings and plugins from the settings backup