PDA

View Full Version : Slow motion when you change a channel

skeggylad2
21-05-20, 21:55
Hi Im using LG 65 UHD TV
ive just purchased a HD61 upgraded from Mutant HD51 ive done fresh installation Vix and ive noticed when you change channels for a second its in slow motion anyone else noticed this? its very of putting

thanks

https://youtu.be/PNnnercaV3g

Sicilian
21-05-20, 21:58
It's normal for all Hisicilicon based receivers. Broadcom based receivers have a slight longer zap and blackscreen in between.

skeggylad2
21-05-20, 22:00
hmmm dunno if i can live with that the Mutant was instant was told by folk on here this box was miles superior
not from what im seeing

twol
22-05-20, 09:58
hmmm dunno if i can live with that the Mutant was instant was told by folk on here this box was miles superior
not from what im seeing

I have just done a quick comparison across my boxes (both HiSilicon and Broadcom - as per Mutant HD51), switching between channels on both encrypted and FTA (which obviously is a very subjective view) and the HD61 is probably slightly slower than the Giga4K (probably my fastest channel changer) on unencrypted channels and faster on encrypted.
Compared to my other HiSilicon boxes on unencrypted its as fast or faster.

skeggylad2
22-05-20, 10:58
I have just done a quick comparison across my boxes (both HiSilicon and Broadcom - as per Mutant HD51), switching between channels on both encrypted and FTA (which obviously is a very subjective view) and the HD61 is probably slightly slower than the Giga4K (probably my fastest channel changer) on unencrypted channels and faster on encrypted.
Compared to my other HiSilicon boxes on unencrypted its as fast or faster.

I think i am being deceived with the mutant as the screen is blank? i Live with Autism and i couldn't live with the blurred the blank screen for me is more pleasing lol
the HDMI CEC wasnt great on this box on my Mutant it works perfect with my LG and Yamaha amp the 61 just wouldn't link correctly
i might see what Mutant offer in terms of upgrade the only thing i find wrong with this box is the way it can hang using the navigation on menus

ronand
22-05-20, 11:15
The slow motion on channel change on my SF8008 drove me mad when I first got it but I honestly don't notice it all now. I have my zap mode set as "Blank screen till locked" and it works fine.

skeggylad2
22-05-20, 11:19
Oh ok whats the Zap mode where is that set ? ive boxed the HD61 away ready for return now so wont be trying it as their was a few issues like i said that wasnt great
like the HDMi CEC

ronand
22-05-20, 13:26
Not near the box at the moment but I think it was under channel selection settings. As regards HDMI CEC it might be too soon to judge it as you may not have cleared the old settings from the system. You really need to delete any HDMI CEC configs from every device that is connected. I had a Sony TV that was an absolute disaster with it (particularly with other Sony components). Once I got rid of those and got an LG TV it pretty much works flawlessly.

twol
22-05-20, 14:40
I think i am being deceived with the mutant as the screen is blank? i Live with Autism and i couldn't live with the blurred the blank screen for me is more pleasing lol
the HDMI CEC wasnt great on this box on my Mutant it works perfect with my LG and Yamaha amp the 61 just wouldn't link correctly
i might see what Mutant offer in terms of upgrade the only thing i find wrong with this box is the way it can hang using the navigation on menus
Well, that probably blocks any of the new boxes which are mostly HiSilicon - the HD61 is (in my view) the best of the HiSilicon bunch.