PDA

View Full Version : Help - UNO 4K SE stuck on load

HeadBanger
16-05-20, 15:54
I bought this earlier this week with OpenVix pre-installed.

When I powered on this afternoon it would not boot up and just displayed the OpenVix boot page with a spinning wheel of dots. Left for a hour - no joy.

I’m now trying to flash OpenVix again from USB but it’s not completing and the front display just says ‘Flashing Image’. It’s been like this for 25 minutes now.

What should I do please?

Thanks,

HB

Sicilian
16-05-20, 16:04
Sound like you installed some other skin "OpenVix boot page with a spinning wheel of dots", this isn't the standard ViX spinner.

Use a max 8GB stick formatted fat 32, guide here: https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/VU+%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20VU+%20Uno4K%20SE.pdf

OpenViX images:
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-uno4k-se/

Power it off, and flash again, double what you've done.

HeadBanger
16-05-20, 16:22
Thanks for replying.

I had chosen the blue skin from the ones available when first setting it up earlier this week - I had not downloaded other skins.

I’ve tried re-flashing but it will not complete . It reads the USB and copies files but then gets stuck on ‘Flashing Image’.

Is there any way to set it back to factory settings?

Thanks,

HB

twol
16-05-20, 17:26
Do you know the IP address? Can you still access into the box(Putty or filezilla) ??

HeadBanger
16-05-20, 17:39
Yes and FileZilla states ‘ECONNREFUSED - connection refused by server‘. I’m using root and blank pw.

Is that the correct login?

Thanks,

HB

twol
16-05-20, 21:39
Yes and FileZilla states ‘ECONNREFUSED - connection refused by server‘. I’m using root and blank pw.

Is that the correct login?

Thanks,

HB

So. Obviously fails early in boot, so you will have to usb flash as per post #2 - if you have any old usb sticks then try those,

HeadBanger
18-05-20, 06:07
Thanks all I finally managed to resolve things after trying many different USBs. I have never known a DVR to be so fussy about a USB!!

When in the hung boot, no matter what I tried it would not flash OpenVix but fortunately would flash VU’s native firmware. I was only then able to re-flash OpenVix.

HB