PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] Where is CrossEPG Gone?

flanzer
16-05-20, 12:24
So I updated my box to VIX 5.3.028 yesterday. When I went in this morning I noticed the EPG was a bit of a mess, with parts missing. I then went to look for CrossEPG to download again, but it's gone!! Normally it's in Menu>Setup>EPG> .... but it's not there??

Any ideas?

Thanks

abu baniaz
16-05-20, 12:34
Please update to 5.3 029. There was an issue with one of the translation commits.

Joe_90
16-05-20, 12:34
CrossEPG is not included in the Vix image any more, but is in the plugins and can be downloaded from there. When you say you updated to 5.3.028, do you mean that you flashed a new image? What were you on previously?
The reason Cross is not in the image by default is that there is a built-in EPG reader (OpenTV) which can be enabled in the EPG settings. You can use the EPGRefresh facility, which is in the image, to automatically tune to the IEPG channel and which will populate the SKY EPG.

edit - I see that @abu has replied. My answer is only relevant if you have actually flashed a new image, rather than an online update.

flanzer
16-05-20, 14:11
Yeah, I flashed the new image, and used the restore procedure for plugins. I liked CrossEPG, I guess I'll download it from plugins now, or try EPGRefresh

abu baniaz
16-05-20, 14:22
You have not said what you previous image was. So, if it was pre-installed in last image you had, i.e you did not install it, a restore of plugins would not re-install it.

We have not pre-installed it in any of the 5.3 images.

Anyway, you have the solution already.