PDA

View Full Version : Zgemma H7s crashing every time I try & use; came from a vu duo2, have I been spoilt?

ade1970
14-05-20, 18:06
Hi all, had this box recommended, all seemed ok, started to migrate from vu duo2 last week, noticed boxed crashed for stupid things like flicking channel too fast with cable or satellite, whilst setting up recordings and yesterday whilst actually recording from satellite. It's driving me nuts, and to add insult to injury, currently caught in a perpetual boot loop, please see attached image ( I will learn how to attach a log soon) In meantime back to vu duo2 and just switched off the Zgemma. I really hope that this is as reliable as vu, I had enough problems with Azbox and Protek to last a lifetime and was hoping these sorts of crashes were a thing of the past..any help appreciated..and to surmise the pic, it keeps rebooting at 49% and says the device has run out of space.? I have installed a 2tb tosh 200 ssd. I put motorised settings on from plugins, could this have filled up the internal memory? or caused the crash???Presumably its a re-flash from usb? or can I fix this online? should I try another image, I love openvix, but I'd love a non-crashing box more...
ps yesterday I finally got motorised dish and mono block fixed up...that all worked ok so even more surprised about silly crashes!..oh and the Zgemma pulled in channels from mono block that the duo2 couldn't highlighting that it definitely has a better more sensitive tuner in the Zgemma :confused:

twol
14-05-20, 18:41
So this box is really solid, so reflash and setup slowly. If you have a settings backup then restore settings but don‘t restore plugins. Make sure that all settings where applicable are set to you your HDD and not flash. Then slowly install plugins. I notice you use IPTV and have motorised dish so have you many bouquets - one user loaded up bouquets from all over the world filling flash.... so which plugins were you using???

danny121pt
14-05-20, 20:18
The space full will be flash memory not the memory on the ssd. Which will cause issues.

Easy to check via

Menu - information - memory - free flash memory.

Best bet as twol suggests is fresh flash the image, restore nothing.

Then check free flash mem, add your plugins etc in stages and can cross check to flash mem as you do etc.

cactikid
14-05-20, 20:42
I would be checking where your epg is been saved as going to internal flash will make your box go this way.

malcolmp
14-05-20, 20:54
The space full will be flash memory not the memory on the ssd. Which will cause issues.

Easy to check via

Menu - information - memory - free flash memory.

Best bet as twol suggests is fresh flash the image, restore nothing.

Then check free flash mem, add your plugins etc in stages and can cross check to flash mem as you do etc.

My H9S has flash memory free 24 Mb is this enough? My EPG is stored on the HDD.

twol
14-05-20, 21:46
My H9S has flash memory free 24 Mb is this enough? My EPG is stored on the HDD.
If you are not experiencing issues, don‘t panic......... this is not a typical issue

ade1970
15-05-20, 00:25
Thank you so much Twol, and yes, it appears I must have actually filled the internal memory as I had not long put the motorised settings, epg & a few others onto internal flash! doh! ..will re-flash, just read up on usb procedure, same as vu tbf, and in future direct all plugin data to hdd just in case. Not using stalker yet, that's my next challenge as wasn't something I ended up doing on vu with Jedi after the Canadian site crash...
Thanks again, thought I'd made an err, phew! Thanks to all the replies, love the support for an old boy like me, learning new tricks ;-)

So this box is really solid, so reflash and setup slowly. If you have a settings backup then restore settings but don‘t restore plugins. Make sure that all settings where applicable are set to you your HDD and not flash. Then slowly install plugins. I notice you use IPTV and have motorised dish so have you many bouquets - one user loaded up bouquets from all over the world filling flash.... so which plugins were you using???

ade1970
15-05-20, 04:22
struggling with usb flash, my usual trusted 8gb sandisk, hp disk util'd it too in the end, still not working, am I right in using the usb version of h7 openvix? ..it seems ok, tried on all 3 rear usb's ..flashes up 'flash' for a fraction of a second then just sits there saying boot?? Any ideas?? should I try the emmc version?...tried a Kingston 32gb, booted into main so box didn't recognise it, even after hp disk formatting to fat32 too! Sorry if this has been asked before...

Sicilian
15-05-20, 05:51
struggling with usb flash, my usual trusted 8gb sandisk, hp disk util'd it too in the end, still not working, am I right in using the usb version of h7 openvix? ..it seems ok, tried on all 3 rear usb's ..flashes up 'flash' for a fraction of a second then just sits there saying boot?? Any ideas?? should I try the emmc version?...tried a Kingston 32gb, booted into main so box didn't recognise it, even after hp disk formatting to fat32 too! Sorry if this has been asked before...

A new USB flash must be done with the recovery_emmc.zip file. Non recovery zip file is for online flashing and multiboot slot flashing via image manager.

malcolmp
15-05-20, 10:20
If you are not experiencing issues, don‘t panic......... this is not a typical issue

Non lately, deleted some plugins, Thanks for your answer.

ade1970
15-05-20, 22:20
Thank you so much Sicilian, that done the trick! Currently setting all back up..this box is quick! Anyone can confirm on 5w multi stream channels have to be put in manually? Also, icons going on hdd not internal...think I found my earlier culprit! Thanks again :-)

A new USB flash must be done with the recovery_emmc.zip file. Non recovery zip file is for online flashing and multiboot slot flashing via image manager.