PDA

View Full Version : Unicable problem

danped
09-05-20, 13:25
Hi,

I just swapped out the lnb on my fixed (28.2 dish) for a unicable lnb with two legacy ports. I have two receivers (a Vu Duo 4k and a Vu Solo) I can have each receiver working fine with the legacy ports but when I swap the feed from the legacy to the unicable port on the lnb it does not work and I get no signal, the other receiver continues to work fine as I do this.

What is likely to be wrong here? Do I need something else to make my system compatible or is the unicable lnb port broken?

Thanks,
Dan

Andy_Hazza
09-05-20, 13:31
You will have to correctly configure your tuners to suit your Unicable II LNB etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danped
09-05-20, 13:52
Ah bingo, Thanks. I set the tuner up and it works now. time to play around with the 'virtual' tuners.

danped
09-05-20, 20:18
thanks, having done this I can now get the features of FBC however when I switch to tv on Tuner C it sometimes gives me signal failed and the image 'pixalates'. Is this because the physical connection is poor between lnb and box?

Willo3092
09-05-20, 21:31
Have you set different scr numbers for the tuners?

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59981-Guide-to-using-Unicable

danped
10-05-20, 12:35
Thanks I've had a further tinker and it seems to not have the problem anymore, I'm not sure if it was because of what I did but I hope so. :thumbsup:
Thanks