PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD TRIO 4K] Possible bug when turning off display in standby

youngsyp
01-05-20, 15:29
Hi,

I've noticed that when I set the display on the GiGaBlue to turn off when in standby, when I click the standby button, the box looks to turn off but, the TV stays on (HDMI CEC active so should also turn off) and the TV's input is also still seeing the box as active. Or at least it looks that way, as the boxes name is present on the input. I then need to perform a forced reboot to get the box responsive again.

I flashed the box with the latest update, OTA, as soon as I plugged it in and so, had no config to restore.

ETA: this happens regardless of whether I restart the GUI or reboot the box, post change.

Paul

twol
01-05-20, 18:09
This a driver issue with Gigablue - for the other earlier models this has been fixed, just cannot remember if they fixed the driver or if there is an E2 fix - if I find it will let you know!

twol
01-05-20, 20:02
OK - think we have an error (incorrect machine name)- so will submit a Pull - so. Little bit of patience (for next build) and hopefully will fix this issue

youngsyp
01-05-20, 20:04
Thanks, appreciate it.

Paul

twol
02-05-20, 09:25
Thanks, appreciate it.

Paul

Can you just confirm to me (either use filezilla or yourPC) that the following directory is on the gbtrio4k: /proc/hisi

youngsyp
02-05-20, 20:46
Can you just confirm to me (either use filezilla or yourPC) that the following directory is on the gbtrio4k: /proc/hisiYes, that directory is on the receiver.

Paul

youngsyp
27-07-20, 17:20
Hi,

Has this been fixed yet?

Paul

twol
27-07-20, 17:42
Hi,

Has this been fixed yet?

Paul
.......................... Yes

youngsyp
28-07-20, 09:36
.......................... YesI updated to the latest build this morning and it's still there. Exactly the same issue. A regression in the code maybe?

Paul

twol
28-07-20, 09:50
I updated to the latest build this morning and it's still there. Exactly the same issue. A regression in the code maybe?

Paul

Code is there.
So open telnet session (putty) on box and type:
cat /proc/stb/hdmi/output (space between cat and /) and post result.

Could be Giga don't have this field - they tend to do things differenly!