PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue UHD Quad 4K 2xDVB-S2X FBC with a quad LNB

thedoc11
28-04-20, 20:54
Hi Not sure if this has been asked before I was wondering if anyone could help?

I have ordered a Gigablue quad 4k and have a quad LNB with a shotgun cable (2 cables attached in total how many channels could I record and watch at the same time ? BTW I only have the 2 sat tuners didn't upgrade to the extra tuners

all help and explanations will be appreciated

Sicilian
29-04-20, 06:04
Hi Not sure if this has been asked before I was wondering if anyone could help?

I have ordered a Gigablue quad 4k and have a quad LNB with a shotgun cable (2 cables attached in total how many channels could I record and watch at the same time ? BTW I only have the 2 sat tuners didn't upgrade to the extra tuners

all help and explanations will be appreciated

You'll be able to watch and record many accross two transponders. For instance BBC channels could be on one and ITV channels on another. All depends on the channels you are watching and recording.

Andy_Hazza
29-04-20, 07:55
To fully utilise this new receiver you have ordered, investing in a new Unicable II/JESS LNB will allow you to record 7 different transponder channels and watch another. Something like this is what you need >> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/universal-and-unicable-lnb/gt-sat-unicable-lnb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thedoc11
02-05-20, 19:40
HI I have installed a dvb-c dual tuner in my gigablue quad 4k, prior to this I could use all the tuners in my gigablue tuners a-h ? tuners a and b shows the satellites 28.2e and the rest show inactive until I start to record, since installing the dvd-c I find I can't record as many channels I have a quad lnb installed do I need a unicable ii to record more channels and if so how many can I record as a maximum with the satellite and cable tuners ?

abu baniaz
02-05-20, 20:02
Adding a cable tuner won't affect how many satellite channels you can receive/record.

Your tuners C-H are still in FBC-automatic mode, (basically loop-through). How many channels you can record depends on what the satellite tuners with signal wires are locked to. I got up to about 30.