PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions about Aspect ratio, Recording options

Ojustaboo
11-02-11, 11:04
Hi, A superb job as usual.

A couple of questions please.

1) More out of interest than really bothering me, on this release and previous ones, I have the aspect ratio working fine, I watch say an old episode of the Simpsons and it shows correctly n 4:3 etc, I watch something new and it's in 16:9

However, on the adverts, a lot of them seem to be in a smaller box in the centre of the screen, with a largish black border all the way round. Just wondered whether it was a setting I had wrong?

2) There's a couple of options under the record settings, I wondered if anyone could explain the benefits of the size or using/not using them please.

a) Recording demux buffer size
b) Recording data sync size

bassethound
11-02-11, 11:08
in av/settings try using the just scale option for 16/9 and 4/3

Ojustaboo
11-02-11, 11:49
Thanks, just tried it, but it then stretches 4/3.

The adverts still have huge black bars top and bottom, and the actual programs are not shown in the popper aspect ratio, everyone looking too wide etc.

punisher
11-02-11, 12:04
i had that problem, i used just scale for both and it sorted my problem out. make sure your tv settings are set to just scale too

Ojustaboo
11-02-11, 12:59
Many thanks.

Still no joy.

Sony Bravia tv, screen set to Full Pixel which I presume is the equivalent to Just Scale (tried all available settings anyway)

On vix setup/AV settings, if I have "Display 4:3 content" set to anything other than "pillarbox" it's not displaying 4:3 content correctly, stretching it instead.

It's no big deal, don't like the adverts anyway, was more curious than bothered.

punisher
11-02-11, 13:12
strange one that, i can't even replicate it lol but those are my settings and they work fine. just keep trying some random settings, only thing i can suggest