PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] Sid not found in pat

killingtime
26-04-20, 00:01
Hello,

I'm running vix 5.3 on a H7s tuned to 28.2 freesat. The receiver was on today when I came to use it, even though I turned it off last night (full shutdown).

There was an error on the screen 'Error. SID not found in PAT'.

I have searched but don't understand what causes this. The solution is to do a full rescan of frequencies...but how and why is this needed?

I assume that the receiver woke up and tried to tune to a channel and it couldn't find it (?)

Is this what causes the error?

How is ABM involved in all this? An auto ABM scan is set to happen daily, so is this failing?

Thanks.

abu baniaz
26-04-20, 01:10
Your assumption is correct, but not necessarily because it could not find it. What service were you on? Some do not broadcast all the time, but the service is still there. The drivers affect the display of the message. Some receivers do not say anything, other will give the message. Better to give a message than just a blank screen.

And sometimes the services is dead and removed from the transponder. ABM does not delete dead services from lamedb (database). A full scan will only remove services if teh transponder is still in teh xml file and you select cclear before scan. You can remove the 28.2 services and then run ABM or scan if you want to. ABM is faster so no point wasting time with a scan.

To remove services, up next to OK
Green ( satellite/extended)
highlight 28.2
menu
Delete selected satellite
confirm
restart

killingtime
26-04-20, 14:04
Hello abu baniaz,

"What service were you on?"

Not sure what you are asking here. When I turned the display on, the receiver was already on with the error message. There was a static openvix image in the background. I didn't select any channel if that's what you mean, and I'm not sure what channel the receiver was trying to reach.

When you say service, do you mean transponder service? This another way of saying the video channel that's transmitted from the satellite transponder, right?
I know what a transponder does; https://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/transponder.html
Explanation of the lamedb database here which seems to have frequencies and channel names in it: https://forums.openpli.org/topic/24768-lamedb/

You lost me after the first paragraph.

When you say a full scan in the second paragraph, do you mean an ABM full scan?

Are you suggesting that I have to remove satellites every time I see this error to fix it (?)
Don't I then have to put the satellite back?
I still don't understand what ABM has to do with all this, satellite channels (or services). ABM just creates folders for satellite channels to sit in. I know it then runs again daily, but I don't know what it does.

I'm guessing that when ABM runs on a schedule, it updates the frequencies and titles for all the channels it's put in the folders (?). But this will fail if one of the channels (in a folder) is not on air, or has been removed completely from the satellite? Is this correct?

Thanks.

ronand
26-04-20, 16:24
What channel were you watching before you turned it off? If for example you were watching a part-time channel like BBC4 and turn the box on in the morning then you will get that message

abu baniaz
26-04-20, 19:55
service = channel

If it is a part time channel, there is no error. It is normal.

killingtime
29-04-20, 14:34
Thank you for the replies.

I've just booted the box from cold (14:30). I was tuned to CH Four HD. The Sid not found in pat error message was there. The EPG stated 'programmes start at 7.00PM', but Cbeebies was showing for some reason.

So....what is going on here? Did the tuner re-tune to a different channel when it couldn't find CH4HD, or is CBeebies broadcast on the same frequency as CH4HD but it shows the error message anyway .. (why?)

Just trying to understand how all this works. Would be easier to understand if I knew what a SID and a PAT is.. I'm guessing that CBeebies uses a different SID to CH4HD programmes, but both are broadcast on the same frequency which is why it was receiving a broadcast on the CH4HD channel (?)

ronand
29-04-20, 15:24
BBC4 HD and Cbeebies HD share the same channel but are different services. The receiver was tuned to SID 8931 (Service ID) but couldn't find it as the channel was not broadcasting (hence the error message). Have a look at
en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php and look for the transponder frequency 11024H. You will see that the Video and Audio IDs of both channels are the same so that's why you will see Cbeebies during the daytime. PAT is the Program Association Table and is basically an index of the available services on the transponder. In future if you get this message just change channels - no need to rescan or panic.

CRUMBLIN
29-04-20, 15:25
BBC Four and CBeebies on same freq. /transponder

killingtime
01-05-20, 15:05
That makes sense. Thanks.