PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Client Mode (SAFE)

orotato
23-04-20, 22:10
Hi, I recently set up a Vu+ Solo 2 with openVix with Client Mode that connects through the internet with another Solo2, every thing works fine, but i was wondering how to set up a safe connection between the too, because there is no need for a username/password to connect to the stream.
Is there a way to ensure that only my client has access to the stream? A ip whitelist or username/pass login?
Thx.

cactikid
23-04-20, 22:23
Is it just on your home network or you want an outside connection.If its only you accessing your boxes on your home network no need for a password.

orotato
24-04-20, 05:36
Is it just on your home network or you want an outside connection.If its only you accessing your boxes on your home network no need for a password.

It's through WAN, client and server are in different countries, so I have to open the port for streaming.

Joe_90
24-04-20, 11:18
It's through WAN, client and server are in different countries, so I have to open the port for streaming.

You shouldn't open a port on your router to an enigma box unless you have a vpn - you will get hacked otherwise.