PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] IR Control over COAX or alternatives (remote controls)

AJSG
16-04-20, 12:40
As I migrate away from Sky I now need to control the Box from other rooms, I have tried a Philex Omnilink IR but it doesn't work.

Before I spend more money on the IR over Coax side, is there another way to control this box remotely? I have not found an App but there may be something out there not so obvious.

Only limitation is it must be an IR repeater or an iOS App.

Thanks.

Andrew.

Trial
16-04-20, 13:21
Hi,
search for Dreambox or Enigma2. Even for IOS there should be several. All Enigma2 STBs which have a network connection can be controlled remotely.

Ralf

birdman
16-04-20, 22:42
I've just (a few minutes ago) installed the (v.old) vuplusplayer.apk app onto an Android 10 phone.
It complains that it was written for an older version, but seems to work OK.

abu baniaz
16-04-20, 23:39
The remote control should be accessible on Openwebif remote, not desktop version

AJSG
18-04-20, 10:18
Hi,
search for Dreambox or Enigma2. Even for IOS there should be several. All Enigma2 STBs which have a network connection can be controlled remotely.
Ralf

Thanks Ralf, I have found the following on the Apple AppStore:

Dreamote
eRemote Lits
vuplusTV

I will try them and report back. Thanks.

AJSG
18-04-20, 12:57
Hi,
Ralf

The remotes miss the ability to call the EPG, I cannot find a way to call the Bouquets and select a channel from there. Just Up and Down channel selection.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

twol
18-04-20, 14:25
Simplecontrol (IOS app) - its free for upto 3 or so boxes - uses WiFi connection - will discover your boxes and then you can setup as much as you want

abu baniaz
18-04-20, 15:23
The remotes miss the ability to call the EPG, I cannot find a way to call the Bouquets and select a channel from there. Just Up and Down channel selection.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

In the menu on receiver, enable always show bouquets. Pressing channel up will always show bouquets. That would be your get out of jail card. Also, best to create bouquets with channels you use regulalry. Your navigation will be in that one bouquet.

Personally, I would rather OWIF had a remote with most used functions instead of duplicating the real remote. Problem is there is no authoritative figure or decision maker. All images have quirks, like the TV button for us shows TV bouquets. And not all remotes have the same buttons.

AJSG
21-04-20, 09:43
In the menu on receiver, enable always show bouquets. Pressing channel up will always show bouquets. That would be your get out of jail card. Also, best to create bouquets with channels you use regulalry. Your navigation will be in that one bouquet.

Will try that, thanks.

Personally, I would rather OWIF had a remote with most used functions instead of duplicating the real remote. Problem is there is no authoritative figure or decision maker. All images have quirks, like the TV button for us shows TV bouquets. And not all remotes have the same buttons.

Maybe you can answer this before I create a new thread:

I want to watch more than one channel at the time on my PC. Currently on OpenWebif I click on the Stream icon and open it with VLC. However if I try and save the file, so I can open it with another instance of VLC it won't load the channel. Any suggestions?

Much obliged.

Andrew.

birdman
21-04-20, 11:25
I want to watch more than one channel at the time on my PC. Currently on OpenWebif I click on the Stream icon and open it with VLC. However if I try and save the file, so I can open it with another instance of VLC it won't load the channel.It does load the channel, but vlc only runs one instance at a time, so when you try the second one it just loads the file in the first instance (at least that's what happens for me on Linux).

If you look in vlc options you'll see "Only allow one instance" and "Use only one instance when started from file manager" (again, this is the Linux version, but I suspect the Windows one is similar). Change the setting to do what you want.

AJSG
26-04-20, 08:21
If you look in vlc options you'll see "Only allow one instance" and "Use only one instance when started from file manager"

Brilliant, worked perfectly! Thanks.