PDA

View Full Version : Tuner setup

Darkjamzi
15-04-20, 09:16
Hi,

I have a question regarding the tuner setup as am a bit confused. I have the following tuners: 2 x DVB-S2X FBC, 2 x DVB-S2X.

Connected as follows:

Multi LNB on fixed disc:

tuner A - 28.2E - Unicable - JESS
tuner B - 23.5E - Unicable - JESS

tuner I - nothing
tuner J - nothing

So I thought that by leaving tuner C to H on automatic, both tuner A and B could use these to record programs. But this does not seem to be the case as when trying to record more than 1 program I get an error.

So at the moment I have tuner C to E connected to A, and F to H connected to B. This works and I can record several programs. But of course this means that if I need to record 4 programs, I can't, eventhough there are several spare tuners...

How should I set this all up so the box can record either satellite on any given free tuner? Also these two spare DVB-S2X tuners, can I loop these to A and B to give these an extra?

Thanks!

Huevos
15-04-20, 21:26
You need a combined Unicable system that provides both satellites. Either a Unicable switch fed with 2 quatro LNBs, or 2 custom programmed unicable LNBs on the same cable. Then bring that single cable to the STB and connect all tuners to that single cable.

Darkjamzi
16-04-20, 13:43
ok thanks. Will order one.

Darkjamzi
25-04-20, 13:45
Still having some issues..............

I bought a Diseqc switch and connected 1 LNB to port A and the other to port B. Then one cable to the STB. Doesn't seem to be working with Unicable LNB's?

Anybody knows how to get this to work, or knows whether it actually works?

Thanks!