PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mio] Flash new image build 5.3.023 from usb?

barracuda
13-04-20, 20:52
Today I try to flash the new build 5.3.023 to my osmio4k from usb but when the screen appear that I must push the ok button for next 10 seconds nothing happend.The stb is just reboot on old image.
Can someone help me with guide how I can flash the new image from usb?
I know that with the image manager I can flash the new image online but if is posible to flash only from usb stick?

abu baniaz
13-04-20, 20:58
Why must you use USB? If you insist on doing so, double check the flashing guide here
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/

barracuda
13-04-20, 21:27
Sometimes i test other images but now almost all images are without emmc.img file.

twol
14-04-20, 06:32
Osmio4K is a multiboot device, so you can ftp another image to your hdd into into directory imagebackups and flash the image from there

thecaretaker
14-04-20, 07:33
I don't know this box, but on my VU, I have to press the power button on the box, not the one on the remote control. Could that be what you are doing wrong?

ckone
24-04-20, 11:06
I have the same issue Edision Mio 4k

I want to install OpenVix from current HDFREAKS.

Downloaded openvix 5.3 but can not install using method -> usb power on -> remote control=ok .......

How can i change image?

twol
24-04-20, 14:24
Is HDfreaks an ATV clone? If so copy the ViX image to the images directory and use flashimage to flash into a multiboot slot

ckone
24-04-20, 17:36
So as i understand, no option to have OpenVix as a emmc image (as it was on 5.2 image)

twol
24-04-20, 18:15
So as i understand, no option to have OpenVix as a emmc image (as it was on 5.2 image)

Of course there is I was just trying to suggest an easier way of doing this - ALL the OE-A buiild images have the same image zips
Why somebody wants to go the usb way when its so much easier to do an online flash is beyond me