PDA

View Full Version : Kodi 18.6 with Widevine support for Netflix, Amazon VOD + more!

Sicilian
09-04-20, 14:38
OE-Alliance presents Kodi 18.6 with Widevine support.
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=59904&d=1586756679
Big Thanks goes to openSPA Team and openBH Team for Porting all from KODI 17 to 18 and all other OE-Alliance members who an input in this project.

Kodi 18.6 Plugin can now be installed via online plugin feeds if your receiver supports it.

PVR clients can be installed, telnet this command:

opkg install kodi-addons-meta

This video gives an overview how to install Netflix addon, Amazon VOD is a similar install procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df6rulBH9Og
Netflix Repo HERE (https://mega.nz/#!t3ZATIpI!GLiQYqkcqaCY-UKIDzMqAXktqKe18IIxpPRhQIayjPM).
Amazon VOD Repo HERE (https://mega.nz/#!NigHnQpB!zQX41VJz_7xxt6yZ0G2RYXUtgRg8G2X2K6-xMH0Jmv4).
Kodinerds Repo z,b, Joyn,DAZN USW HERE (https://mega.nz/file/5vZXRS6R#zlzYk4KDviIvc1Iz1KYK7SqQO45glV2WFBgWh8nkI Tk).
Disney + ( SlyGuy) Repo HERE (https://mega.nz/file/k7RnUYRL#AdnHewqTqCSnLoNlA-bx4Lh4UOVC7mXAoAf7QWlqQYc).
Other Widevine addons should also run like dazn, Joyn etc.
Please post repo's and guides if you have others.
Edit 10/04/20: BBC iPlayer install guide in post 4 of this thread.

Overview of boxes with KODI 18.6 (test reports from OpenATV forum) supported by OpenViX. If your box is listed 'Without Widevine', Netflix, Amazon VOD addons etc... will not work. Kodi 18.6 with local media is working fine:

Amiko Viper 4K
Amiko Viper 4k 51 (important to restart after installing Kodi box)
ANADOL multibox (Maxytec Multibox image should work)
AX 4K HD51 ultra
AX 61
Edision OS mega (without widevine)
Edision OS Mio 4k
Edision OS Mio 4k Plus
Formuler F1 (without widevinne)
Gigablue UHD TRIO 4K
Gigablue UHD UE 4K
Gigablue UHD QUAD 4K
Maxytec multibox
Mut@nt hd2400 (without widevinne)
Mut@nt HD51
Octagon SF4008 (important to restart after installing Kodi box)
Octagon SF8008
VUPLUS Duo2 (without widevinne)
VUPLUS SOLO2 (without widevinne)
VUPLUS SOLO SE (without widevinne)
VUPLUS ZERO 4K
VUPLUS UNO 4K
VUPLUS UNO SE 4K
VUPLUS SOLO 4K
VUPLUS ULTIMO 4K
VUPLUS DUO 4K
Xtrend ET10000 (without widevinne)
Zgemma I55 plus (SD card for ROOTFS is required)
Zgemma H9 COMBO
Zgemma H9 TWIN
Zgemma H9S (SD card for ROOTFS is required)
Zgemma H9T (SD card for ROOTFS is required)
Zgemma H92S (SD card for ROOTFS is required)
Zgemma H92H (SD card for ROOTFS is required)
Zgemma H7

***INFO BELOW FROM OPENATV, NOT TESTED BY ANYONE HERE***
Problems unpacking the CDM update during addon install:

Manual installation
Download the cdm.zip
Unzip the file and copy the following folder
/media/hdd/.kodi
If you VU boxes in Kodi has no sound.
Please check if you have the correct asound.conf
its under / etc /
otherwise the correct 59871

Sicilian
09-04-20, 15:55
PLEX client Kodi addon installed and working great.

smipx
09-04-20, 17:32
Hi,

Can I just ask (to save me installing it to find out) - is there any kind of BBC iPlayer, ITV player downloader addon in this? I did have one in e2istream some time back but I have not installed that since moving from ATV to ViX (and don't wan't to as its not an officially supported addon)

Thanks
Paul

Sicilian
10-04-20, 07:15
Hi,

Can I just ask (to save me installing it to find out) - is there any kind of BBC iPlayer, ITV player downloader addon in this? I did have one in e2istream some time back but I have not installed that since moving from ATV to ViX (and don't wan't to as its not an officially supported addon)

Thanks
Paul

Iplayer can be installed, not sure about ITV Player, need to look into this. Pretty sure ITV Hub has taken over.

Steps to Install BBC iPlayer Addon on Kodi in 2020 Finally, let’s talk about what you want to know. Here’s how to install the BBC iPlayer on Kodi, the simple way.

Open Kodi and click on ‘Add-ons’ in the main menu (on the left side of the screen). Then, click on ‘Download’ via the left-placed menu.

You will now see a list of different categories. You need to open a folder named ‘Video add-ons’. Scroll down and then click on ‘iPlayer WWW’;

To finalize the installation, hit the ‘Install’ button. You’ll be asked to install the required dependencies (especially if you’ve installed or updated Kodi recently). So, make sure to click on ‘OK’. The addon should be downloaded and installed on its own.
After a few moments, Kodi will let you know that your new addon has been installed. Return to your Add-ons where the iPlayer WWW addon will be waiting for you. Enjoy!

All credits to this guide found here:

https://www.technadu.com/bbc-iplayer-kodi-addon/25715/

smipx
10-04-20, 09:06
Hi, thanks for that. Took the plunge and installed it. Tried the iPlayer but it's very very choppy and not really watchable. Other network services are fine and the broadband is fine too so I think I'll stick to the iPlayer on the TV :-)

cheers,
Paul

barracuda
10-04-20, 22:02
Hi,
I run new kodi on osmio4k and I install netflix.The netflix run fine but when I try to enter user name and password always error appear that password is incorrect but the password is correct.
I see in kodi log this message:

File "/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/common/ipc.py", line 126, in make_addonsignals_call
raise Exception('Addon Signals call timeout')
Exception: Addon Signals call timeout
How can I fix this?

Sicilian
11-04-20, 06:50
Hi,
I run new kodi on osmio4k and I install netflix.The netflix run fine but when I try to enter user name and password always error appear that password is incorrect but the password is correct.
I see in kodi log this message:

How can I fix this?

Try deleting the .kodi folder on your HDD and setup again. No issues here adding user and pass for netflix on a few boxes.

barracuda
12-04-20, 08:56
Just now I noticed that someone had hacked into my account. I changed my password and now netflix is working fine.
Thanks to everyone who made it possible for us to watch netflix now on enigma2 boxes!!

Sicilian
12-04-20, 11:09
From OpenViX build 5.3.023 onwards it will also be possible to install Disney+ addon thru Kodi plugin. I'll post info later. 5.3.023 is building as I type this.

dsayers
12-04-20, 11:32
The link for Kodinerds Repo z,b, Joyn,DAZN USW repo downloads no longer works

Sicilian
12-04-20, 12:18
The link for Kodinerds Repo z,b, Joyn,DAZN USW repo downloads no longer works

Link updated.

Sicilian
13-04-20, 06:48
Added link to Disney+ repo to post 1.

Full install guide here:

https://www.matthuisman.nz/2020/04/disney-plus-kodi-add-on.html

This addon can be used from OpenViX 5.3.023 (just released) onwards.

robbie74
13-04-20, 14:41

I cant get amazon vod to work all i have is above screen & sound is intermittent.
disney works fine
im on build 5.3.023-octagon sf8008

any help would be appreciated

Sicilian
13-04-20, 14:47
Can't see an issue here. Try deleting your .kodi hidden folder from HDD or USB stick.

iirc a large file for widevine or something gets installed with the addon.

robbie74
13-04-20, 15:08
Can't see an issue here. Try deleting your .kodi hidden folder from HDD or USB stick.

iirc a large file for widevine or something gets installed with the addon.

Where is the kodi hidden file, cant see it in the kodi files on hdd ?

tia

Andy_Hazza
13-04-20, 15:10
Enable “show hidden files” on your ftp client, I.e. Filezilla etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbie74
13-04-20, 15:37
Enable “show hidden files” on your ftp client, I.e. Filezilla etc

Ok done that but no idea which the .kodi hidden folder is ?

Andy_Hazza
13-04-20, 15:38
You will most likely need to exit Filezilla and go back in, then it will be shown on your HDD as .kodi

robbie74
13-04-20, 15:45
You will most likely need to exit Filezilla and go back in, then it will be shown on your HDD as .kodi

i can find the .kodi folder but dont know what to delete once in there

Andy_Hazza
13-04-20, 16:57
Delete the .kodi folder. You won’t harm anything. Then when you next launch Kodi it will create a new one, then setup from scratch basically. [emoji4]

robbie74
13-04-20, 17:30
Delete the .kodi folder. You won’t harm anything. Then when you next launch Kodi it will create a new one, then setup from scratch basically. [emoji4]

tried that already , went to install amazon vod just throws up loads of errors & dont install ?

squig007
16-04-20, 21:01
I have kodi 17 on gigablue trio box . I also use flash expander . Do I just download the new kodi over the existing older version kodi ?

Sicilian
16-04-20, 21:09
I have kodi 17 on gigablue trio box . I also use flash expander . Do I just download the new kodi over the existing older version kodi ?

What image are you using and build are you using?

squig007
16-04-20, 22:09
Latest openatv

Sicilian
16-04-20, 22:30
Latest openatv

Menu > Plugins > Press Red to remove plugins > remove Kodi.

Reboot and re-install from plugin feeds. You might need to delete your hidden ./kodi folder from HDD or USB stick wherever it's installed.

squig007
16-04-20, 23:03
Cheers, just out of interest is pvr add ons available on the new kodi for enigma boxes ?

Sicilian
17-04-20, 06:11
Cheers, just out of interest is pvr add ons available on the new kodi for enigma boxes ?

Yes read the first post of this thread.

squig007
17-04-20, 15:56
Downloaded the new kodi version but it’s now stuck on database migration in progress please wait any ideas how long this takes been around 10 mins

Sicilian
17-04-20, 16:21
Downloaded the new kodi version but it’s now stuck on database migration in progress please wait any ideas how long this takes been around 10 mins

Personally, I'd uninstall, FTP to your receiver, find the hidden ./kodi folder. On HDD or USB whatever you have and set Kodi up fresh.

danny121pt
17-04-20, 18:06
Is you have storage mounted as /media/hdd then it will be /media/hdd/.kodi

If no storage mounted as above then .kodi will
Default to /home/root/.kodi

Delete if needed etx

maxben
17-04-20, 20:23
What resolutions are available and is frame rate switching supported with this Kodi and what about HDR, Dolby Vision, Atmos and DD+ ?

squig007
17-04-20, 20:58
Disney + downloaded ok amazon and Netflix saying failed to install a dependency

eboelens
15-05-20, 19:12
I deleted the .kodi folder because there was always a popup to update widevine.
Installation done again with manually placing the cdm folder under kodi.
Unfortunately I can no longer play movies due to widevine installation problems

any idea please ?

sorry language , translate

eboelens
15-05-20, 19:14
Hello
I deleted the .kodi folder because there was always a popup ' there is an update widevine.
Installation done again with manually placing the cdm folder under kodi, but
Unfortunately I can no longer play movies due to widevine installation problems

any idea?

sorry for my language
erik

eboelens
16-05-20, 10:53
solved.
you should open the Inputstream Helper addon (opening the addon will actually open its settings page), where you should enable the option called "Disable".

source: github

bigtruck1
18-09-20, 01:44
Can someone please help me as soon as possible I’ve got my kodi all set up perfectly with windvine installed and Netflix ect. The movies are playing perfectly but there is no sound at all I would really appreciate any help with this thank you very much

raoul74
13-12-20, 16:12
Hello, when I read to you, I think I will install openvix on my zgemma h9s to have Kodi 18, I had already used openvix on my old Octagon sf 128 and I was very satisfied with it .... it just takes that I recoive my micro sd card for the expansion of the memory .... good luck to you ....

raoul74
20-12-20, 10:12
Hello, installation of openatv 6.4 and today of Openeight and Kodi 18 on my new Octagon sf8008 mini, I am looking for pvr simple client, not found, it does not seem to be in kodi 18 ..... do you have a solution ???? thank you....

ccs
20-12-20, 10:37
Hello, installation of openatv 6.4 and today of Openeight and Kodi 18 on my new Octagon sf8008 mini, I am looking for pvr simple client, not found, it does not seem to be in kodi 18 ..... do you have a solution ???? thank you....

You'll probably have to ask on an OpenATV forum, there isn't even a vix image for the sf8008 until the next release.

ccs
20-12-20, 11:18
Did you ...

opkg install kodi-addons-meta

as mentioned in post #1.

raoul74
21-12-20, 15:35
Hello and thank you for your answer, in fact it is in the same Openatv image .....

dubrov
13-01-21, 20:33
Can someone confirm if Plex is running well for them on Kodi?
I've tried it myself but the stream is very blocky and pretty much unwatchable.
Sound seems to be always downgraded to Stereo even when pass-through is enabled.
I'm running it locally with no transcoding.

DreamPlex runs fine but the interface is a little dated.

amyren
12-05-21, 11:13
solved.
you should open the Inputstream Helper addon (opening the addon will actually open its settings page), where you should enable the option called "Disable".

source: github

This approach does not work for me, I just tested it yesterday. I guess Netflix requires Inputstream Helper to be enabled.

Until Inputstream Helper is fixed to work with recent widevine released you will need is to get an older version of the libwidevinecdm.so for your system.
I did make a backup of mine (used in my OpenVix 5.4 / Zgemma H9 tuner) and will host the file on my gmail drive for a limited period, until someone can find a more permanent solution.
Link to working libwidevinecdm.so (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QR0zfiJJeX_pWYSWcb11ACfbZksYcEQg/view?usp=sharing)

Find your .kodi/cdm folder and replace the libwidevinecdm.so with the one from the link above. It should work for the Zgemma and probably more devices with linux-arm.

amyren
14-05-21, 09:41
temporaray solution described here (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?64348-Kodi-Netfiix-on-multiboot-images&p=513520&viewfull=1#post513520)

bellejt
18-05-21, 12:09
just installed kodi on my octagon SF8008 but cannot see addon for netflix or disney+ ? How do I get them to work and install ?

amyren
18-05-21, 14:30
On this page you will find both the netflix repository (zip file), and also direct link to the netflix plugin releases:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT

You will need the latest version of inputstreamhelper, look here:
https://github.com/emilsvennesson/script.module.inputstreamhelper/releases

In case you face problems with logging in to netflix, look here:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix#login-with-authentication-key
You will find another link down at that page, look for "How to Login with Authentication key - wiki"
That link will also provide you a direct download link for the NFAuthentation tool that you will need for the alternative way to login.

charliebrown7
09-11-21, 18:52
kodi screen flickering and turning black can't find 60hz listed in white list