PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get multi sat working

Darkjamzi
05-04-20, 10:20
Hi all,

I decided to set up a dish using 4 Unicable LNB's to try and get 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E, 28.2E but am struggling and only seem to be able to get 28.2E working.....

I am using the Freesat V8 satellite finder and get a strong signal (80%) and quality (85%) on 23.5E. When I then scan for channels on the V8 (connected directly to one of the LNB legacy ports), I get the channels and am able to watch. But when then scanning for channels on my receiver (connected to the Unicale port on the LNB and FBC tuner), I get nothing.

So my first conclusion was that the Unicable port of the LNB must be faulty, so tried another, but same result. Then I swapped out the cable from the working LNB at 28.2E to rule out faulty cabling, but again no channels. I am at a loss what could be the issue here :confused: .... I am using below:

Dish: Gibertini OP100
Box: Gigablue UHD Quad 4K
LNB: Maximum Unicable2 DCCS LNB 24-band x 4
Openatv 6.4

Any suggestions/idea's are very much appreciated.....

abu baniaz
05-04-20, 11:08
What tuner configuration are you using when connected to the Unicable LNB?

Darkjamzi
05-04-20, 11:55
For tuner A:

Configuration mode: Advanced
Satellite: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
LNB: LNB 1
Priority: Auto
LOF: Unicable/JESS
Unicable Configuation made: Unicable user defined
Diction: JESS(EN50607
Channel: SatCR 1
Frequency: 1210
LOF/L: 09750
LOF/H: 10600
Threshold: 11700
LNB/Switch Bootup time: 02700
Tuning algorithm: reliable, retune
Connected: no
DiSEqC mode: none
Force legacy signal stats: no

For tuner B:

Configuration mode: Advanced
Satellite: 23.5 Astra 3B
LNB: LNB 2
Priority: Auto
LOF: Unicable/JESS
Unicable Configuation made: Unicable user defined
Diction: JESS(EN50607
Channel: SatCR 2
Frequency: 1420
LOF/L: 09750
LOF/H: 10600
Threshold: 11700
LNB/Switch Bootup time: 02700
Tuning algorithm: reliable, retune
Connected: no
DiSEqC mode: none
Force legacy signal stats: no

thanks

Darkjamzi
05-04-20, 12:10
I just connected the cable to the legacy port of the LNB, and set the tuner configuration to universal LNB.... I now receive channels on the box. So that could mean 2 possible things:

A: the tuner set up for Unicable for 23.5E is wrong.

B: The Unicable port is faulty...... but that then implies 2 LNB's with faulty ports as I tried 2....

:confused:

abu baniaz
05-04-20, 13:28
Tuner B, should be LNB1 as well. You only need to change LNB numbers if they are connected to same tuner using diseqc switch. That applies to universal LNB, although some say you can also use unicable with diseqc but do not say specific.

Minor issue/query:
Why are you using SCR 2 on Tuner B. What else is using SCR 1?

EDIT:
Remember, as a rule of thumb, each tuner is separate and must match what is attached to it. You only have one LNB "hooked up"/"wired up" to each tuner, so those are LNB 1.

I use "hooked up"/"wired up" to imply "connected to". However, there is a term called "connected" which means something else.

Sicilian
06-04-20, 14:46
Looking at your first post, let us know how you get on with 13 + 19deg, I think they're too close to get away using Unicable LNB's for these. I think the LNB's maybe too large to get them close enough together.