PDA

View Full Version : HDD support

fozzy01
03-04-20, 20:12
Hi,
Looking to purchase one of these units and read the spec pdf, it says that timeshifting is by way of a hdd but it didn't say whether an internal one was possible ? if an internal is possible what is the internal connection ?

Many thanks

Fozz

Amiko UK
03-04-20, 20:30
No internal HDD option on the Amiko Viper 4K BUT you do have both MicroSD card slot, 1 x USB 3.0 and 1 x USB 2.0 ports so external USB HDD is no problem if you wanted. Personally I use the MicroSD card for both Multiboot (so I can run and boot between different images easily) and left over space I use as effectively a regular HDD for recordings and EPG data etc. - Don't make many/any recordings to be honest but when I have tried it it's always worked fine to MicroSD. Decent quality and size MicroSD should do the job for recording in most cases I would imagine, if you really do make a lot of recordings then perhaps external USB might be better option, I've never made enough to truly tell, MicroSD has always been enough for me, depends on your needs though.

fozzy01
03-04-20, 20:42
Thanks for that info, i have a spare 250gb sata 2 drive so was wondering which way i could have used it with the viper. I know now so i will have to get an external enclosure. I have plenty of USB drives for multiboot/flash options.
Thanks again.

twol
03-04-20, 22:12
Thanks for that info, i have a spare 250gb sata 2 drive so was wondering which way i could have used it with the viper. I know now so i will have to get an external enclosure. I have plenty of USB drives for multiboot/flash options.
Thanks again.

Multiboot runs off the sdcard only (at the moment)

fozzy01
06-04-20, 18:14
Multiboot runs off the sdcard only (at the moment)
Thanks, handy to know that !
My main concern was where to fit the hdd but that was sorted USB only.

Thanks

Fozzy