PDA

View Full Version : Time not updated

redrobin
29-03-20, 11:24
The time on my receiver hasn't updated since the clocks went forward, the time settings are Europe, London and Transponder time.

Can the time be adjusted manually, or is it a case of wait and see.

ps. tried making this post from my tablet and it failed as i couldn't set a category

joysleep1
29-03-20, 11:27
The same thing has happened with ultimo 4k. I thought it would change itself.

nigel_p
29-03-20, 11:36
Same here on my Zgemma, changed location to Belfast from London as a temporary fix

spanner123
29-03-20, 12:09
Same here on my Solo2 using NTP time setting

bellejt
29-03-20, 12:13
on both vu duo2 location brussels all has gone fine.Adjusted automatically at 2 o'clock this night.

dsayers
29-03-20, 12:18
Timezone area Generic
Timezone GB-Eire

Seems to be correct but using Europe with London timezone doesn't seem to update

^^COMPASS^^
29-03-20, 12:27
I noticed once the change has been applied London doesn’t appear to be present in the list of Timezones

dsayers
29-03-20, 12:36
I noticed once the change has been applied London doesn’t appear to be present in the list of Timezones

Yea just checked after you posted change Timezone area back to Europe and London is default but switch left or right and London is no longer available to select

spanner123
29-03-20, 12:40

I found if you go to Generic and then back to Europe,then London re-appears.

IanSav
29-03-20, 14:24
Hi Guys,

This problem could be explained if your receivers do not have the latest time zone control files. If you have or know anyone having time zone issues please advise then to connect to their receiver via telnet and run the following command:

opkg install --force-reinstall tzdata tzdata-core tzdata-europe
for users not in Europe you can add or substitute the following options for "tzdata-europe" to expand the correction to your area of the world:

tzdata-africa
tzdata-americas
tzdata-antarctica
tzdata-arctic
tzdata-asia
tzdata-atlantic
tzdata-australia
tzdata-europe
tzdata-misc
tzdata-pacific

This command should reinstall the updated and complete time zone data for your area. Once you run this update you should find all the missing locations available in the list of time zones on your receiver.

Regards,
Ian.

dsayers
29-03-20, 14:51
Hi Guys,

This problem could be explained if your receivers do not have the latest time zone control files. If you have or know anyone having time zone issues please advise then to connect to their receiver via telnet and run the following command:

for users not in Europe you can add or substitute the following options for "tzdata-europe" to expand the correction to your area of the world:

This command should reinstall the updated and complete time zone data for your area. Once you run this update you should find all the missing locations available in the list of time zones on your receiver.

Regards,
Ian.

Thats worked. Thanks

abu baniaz
29-03-20, 14:54
Might be an idea to download latest image, flash it, and restore plugins and settings if the above command does not work. Whole process will take less than 5 minutes. All using remote, no PC required.

For information:
I was on Dev, time updated at 01:00 in the morning. i.e became 02:00.

I just flashed release 019. The time was correct at the first install Wizard. I restored settings and plugins, and I can't replicate the problems being reported.

spanner123
29-03-20, 17:05
Might be an idea to download latest image, flash it, and restore plugins and settings if the above command does not work. Whole process will take less than 5 minutes. All using remote, no PC required.

For information:

I just flashed release 019. The time was correct at the first install Wizard. I restored settings and plugins, and I can't replicate the problems being reported.

I was already on 019 and time did not update. All ok after IanSav update.

abu baniaz
29-03-20, 17:13
I was already on 019 and time did not update. All ok after IanSav update.

Are you saying the first image you flashed on receiver was 019? If that is not what you are saying, what image were you on before you got to 019. How did you then get to 019?

I am sure Timezone files did not update properly or replace existing files properly, but fine on image with newer files.

ccs
29-03-20, 17:49
My ET10K was fine - regular couch flash updates of pretty much every release since the year dot.

spanner123
29-03-20, 18:01
Are you saying the first image you flashed on receiver was 019? If that is not what you are saying, what image were you on before you got to 019. How did you then get to 019?

I am sure Timezone files did not update properly or replace existing files properly, but fine on image with newer files.

I was on 018 and did an update.

abu baniaz
29-03-20, 18:03
My ET10K was fine - regular couch flash updates of pretty much every release since the year dot.

You cannot "couch flash update". There is no such thing. The term you are using a is a combination of two different processes. From past discussion I know what you mean, but others will not appreciate the difference.

People can do one of following

flash latest image and optionally restore settings and plugins afterwards. Flash using Image Manager (couch flash) or flash using USB.
perform an update

abu baniaz
29-03-20, 18:07
I was on 018 and did an update.

The two options to resolve the problem have been listed. I note your indication that you have run the re-install command
1. Issue the command in post 10 to reinstall the timezone files. There is a guide to using Putty here:

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

2. Flash 019 and restore settings/plugins afterwards. Guide to flash and restore here (You can ignore create a settings backup stage as that is automated):

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores/

nekrub2
29-03-20, 18:12
Flashed VU+ solo2 5.3.019 from USB stick yesterday and restored 5.3.018 settings and plugins. Time settings Europe Zurich - time switched correctly today.

icemen
29-03-20, 20:23
Was on latest image, time didn't update today on my vu solo2. Ran command from IanSav via telnet, reboot and boom! All good again thankz guyz

adm
29-03-20, 22:08

For information:

Xtrend 10000 with the same problem - the telnet instruction in post #10 cured the time problem (currently running 5.3.018

birdman
30-03-20, 03:38
Hi Guys,

This problem could be explained if your receivers do not have the latest time zone control files. I have one receiver (an XTrend et8000) which is OK and another (an MBTwin) which is not.
The former has the Europe/London file, the latter does not.

The problem appears to be that Europe/London is not in tzdata-europe. It is in tzdata-posix (along with the rest of the Europe files), but that's under the posix directory.

EDIT: But it is in tzdata-core.

Also, mbtwin was on 5.3.108.002, the et8000 on 5.3.020.004.

Raetsel
30-03-20, 12:02
My Ultimo4k did no reset the time to British Summer Time. I went into the Time setup and the Time Zone Area is set to Europe and the Time Zone to London. If I change the time zone by scrolling through the list I never come back to London, the only way to get London to show again is to change the Time Zone Area from Europe and then back to Europe and then the area defaults to London. However BST is still not updated.
As a work around if I set the Time zone to Isle of Man then BST is set correctly. It seems wherever the list gets it's area data from, London is not included.

Regards
Raetsel

twol
30-03-20, 12:19
See ............ https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62621-Time-not-updated

Raetsel
30-03-20, 12:41
Is there a default user name and password for the Ultimo 4K, I want to run the update to correct the Time problem.

Raetsel
30-03-20, 12:57
Thanks for that. I read the fix is to run a telnet command, not used that before on my receiver but keen to have a go. Is there a default user name and password to enable me to log in? If not how do I find it?

ccs
30-03-20, 13:00
.... root and no password.

ronand
30-03-20, 13:03
The default username is root and there should be no password

Raetsel
30-03-20, 15:56
Thanks to you both for your help. Have successfully updated my time zones file as per the instructions and now have London in the list and BST is correct.

dude1
30-03-20, 17:42
Thanks as always for posting the fix for this. Had the same problem with my Solo2 & couch flash with restore settings / plugins worked for me :)