PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] - Ultimo 4K Changed LCD Display = bootloop

LbCwby
28-03-20, 17:26
Hi Ultimo users,

This is for those that might run into the same problem as me, after downloading a new LCD Display Skin file and choosing to use it.
As you will know, the GUI then needs to restart and that got me into a bootloop.
Re-flash did not work for whatever reason. I tried with 3 different USB-sticks: 256 Mb, 1 Gb and Kingston 1 Gb (which had worked to re-flash not even a week ago on this new Ultimo 4K).

Solution:
Even in the bootloop, Filezilla is able to see the files.
Go to the map /usr/share/enigma2/display and delete the complete directory of that specific Display Skin.

At the next try to load that Skin, Enigma or OpenVix will notice it is not there anymore, and continue with the Default LCD Display Skin.
If it does not continue automatically, use the old (but still useful) trick: Switch it OFF and ON again.

Good luck.

PS -
How come these Display Skins are available to download if they throw the box in a bootloop ?
Do they need another part f.e. LCD4Linux, installed for them to work? And if so, why is that not auto-installed as dependency.

twol
28-03-20, 17:37
Which LCD skin was it???

... and rather than switching on/off .....dangerous!
Use a telnet session login with root, no password and then
init 4 (space between) Which stops the box
Delete the directory
Enter init 6 (space between) which reboots the box

LbCwby
28-03-20, 17:54
Hi TWOL,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had tried 2 skins, both from the official Plugins (blue button, Download Plugins, Displays).
- oe-a-lcdskin-19 - last week, for which I needed to re-flash, which then did work.
- oe-a-lcdskin-1 - today, when re-flashing did not work (with the same Kingston USB-stick).

The switching OFF/ON, in my case, was not necessary, it continued to load once the skin-directory was gone. But I see what you mean.
Regarding Telnet, I must confess, I have never used it, so would need to update myself on how to use install and that. Using Linux - Ubuntu.

Hans

abu baniaz
28-03-20, 18:05
I gave up using those skins when I was using the Solo 4K. Kept throwing up random reboots. I think I had a bug report for it.

twol
28-03-20, 19:18
Hi TWOL,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had tried 2 skins, both from the official Plugins (blue button, Download Plugins, Displays).
- oe-a-lcdskin-19 - last week, for which I needed to re-flash, which then did work.
- oe-a-lcdskin-1 - today, when re-flashing did not work (with the same Kingston USB-stick).

The switching OFF/ON, in my case, was not necessary, it continued to load once the skin-directory was gone. But I see what you mean.
Regarding Telnet, I must confess, I have never used it, so would need to update myself on how to use install and that. Using Linux - Ubuntu.

Hans

Even easier on Ubuntu —-> you should find Putty already installed - its worth checking out - it is very useful