PDA

View Full Version : Channel Selection Slim Gui Mod Suggestion

markus625
26-03-20, 13:21
Awite Guys

Here's a somewhat radical idea to change the Channel Selection slim Screen to a more enhanced Gui that could would feature multi template so you could move the items and change fonts etc with the boundary box like the Plugin Browser screen can be.

This would leave the current channel selection screen as it is as a list of what ever channels the user wants and change the slim alternative screen to what i said above.

I believe this would give skinners more freedom to use a more graphical approach of it as theirs been many disagreements about two line channel lists like the ones on OPENATV AND VUPLUS.

Here's something that i could imagine and of course its open to many possibilities, i know iv'e added the description in my mockup but this could be turned on or off in code.

The PluginBrowser code is like this so something similar would be good.

<alias name="PluginBrowser0" font="Poppins_Light" size="40" height="117"/>
<alias name="PluginBrowser1" font="Poppins_Light" size="26" />

<parameter name="PluginBrowserIcon" value="10,10,150,60"/> <!-- x pos , y pos , width , height -->
<parameter name="PluginBrowserName" value="180,0,50"/>
<parameter name="PluginBrowserDescr" value="280,60,60"/>
<parameter name="PluginBrowserDownloadIcon" value="10,10,150,60"/>
<parameter name="PluginBrowserDownloadName" value="180,0,50"/>
<parameter name="PluginBrowserDownloadDescr" value="180,60,60"/> <!-- left x pos , top y pos,height of textbox -->

<alias name="ChannelSelectionEnhanced0" font="Poppins_Light" size="50" height="195"/>
<alias name="ChannelSelectionEnhanced1" font="Poppins_Light" size="105" />
<parameter name="ChannelSelectionEnhancedPicon" value="12,30,150,60"/> <!-- x pos , y pos , width , height -->
<parameter name="ChannelSelectionEnhancedServiceName" value="187,0,50"/>
<parameter name="ChannelSelectionEnhancedEventName" value="630,0,50"/>
<parameter name="ChannelSelectionEnhancedDescr" value="185,50,105"/>
<parameter name="ChannelSelectionEnhancedProgress" value="0,166,6"/>

I really hope this could be added and looked at

Am i right that the code for the list for the channel selection is lib/python/Components/ServiceList.py would the slim screen also be in this py

markus625
08-04-20, 21:38
No interest in this idea than I see guys.

judge
08-04-20, 22:29
Looks like it would be great as he Chanel history screen as well. I believe the EPG screens/coding are going through a well needed re-coding at the moment tho. So maybe soon.

markus625
08-04-20, 23:40
Thanks it's just I have no idea about coding, I've looked but it's double Dutch to me.