PDA

View Full Version : Which harmony remote most similar to Vu Ultimo 4k remote?

joysleep1
23-03-20, 13:07
Hey Guys

I purchased a YSP 2500 sound projector for my main living room extension. I absolutely love this sound bar. The only drawback is that it does not allow me to control the sound volume from my LG remote which in turn does not allow me to control the volume using my universal VU remote.
I kinda dislike using 2 remotes so i was hoping that there is a nice remote thatch almost as similar to this remote because i really do love the VU remote. The button placement and feel is perfect.

My cousin let me try his one. He had the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Enhanced Universal. This was by far the worst remote i have ever used. It had no numbers on there and trying to navigate the Vu receiver was a nightmare. (after 5 minutes i put it back in the box) I guess it does take some time getting used to one but with that there was zero chance. The remote had some touchscreen abilities. I thought that was pointless. I just want a simple remote that would let me control the sound of my soundbar and Vu receiver.

Any suggestions are welcome please

Thanks

bellejt
23-03-20, 14:09
I use LOGITECH HARMONY 665 .Very good and programmable online.Also I have 2 remotes and copied config from one to the other.

joysleep1
23-03-20, 14:23
I use LOGITECH HARMONY 665 .Very good and programmable online.Also I have 2 remotes and copied config from one to the other.

Thanks for your suggestion

Yh it looks like an alright remote. Although looking at it. There is no button assigned that would be suitable to access my recordings.

bellejt
23-03-20, 14:35
I assigned a button in the screen configuration. One of the 4 buttons next top screen.You can also program different screens.Ex : on screen 1 - recording, audio,etc and on screen 2 - other less used functions .You can also switch from tv to different sets etc. You can even program a series of commands one after another on 1 button

joysleep1
23-03-20, 16:52
I assigned a button in the screen configuration. One of the 4 buttons next top screen.You can also program different screens.Ex : on screen 1 - recording, audio,etc and on screen 2 - other less used functions .You can also switch from tv to different sets etc. You can even program a series of commands one after another on 1 button

hmm ok. I need to look into it. I just really love the VU remote and nothing else comes close to it.

bellejt
23-03-20, 16:57
once you get used to logitech you trow the vu remote miles away :) .I had 3 VU remotes from duo2 and all fail after a while.Logitech never fails.Only when needing battery change :) ( and then you get warning )

joysleep1
23-03-20, 17:01
once you get used to logitech you trow the vu remote miles away :) .I had 3 VU remotes from duo2 and all fail after a while.Logitech never fails.Only when needing battery change :) ( and then you get warning )

But my downstairs receiver is actually a DUO 4k not ultimo 4k. (sorry made a mistake) Does that make a difference?
Also these remotes prob came out years ago and these receivers are quite new so how would the pairing work with that?

bellejt
23-03-20, 17:15
no problem for logitech.Updates regularly.You can program the remote at your needs.For whatever box you have.Even better is that you use the same setting for all your VU boxes

joysleep1
23-03-20, 17:26
no problem for logitech.Updates regularly.You can program the remote at your needs.For whatever box you have.Even better is that you use the same setting for all your VU boxes

hmm ok.

Anyone else share which harmony remote they use?

ccs
23-03-20, 18:26
I'm using harmony one and harmony ultimate one, I'm sure you would hate them both, but I've used them for over 10 years without any issues.

They have controlled all sorts of boxes, and use the same keys to do similar tasks.

I'm sure the 655 will do a good job, but I seem to remember these discussions before.

abu baniaz
23-03-20, 19:15
If you are asking does the Logitech remote layout look like a Vu remote, the answer is no. Look at the website for what the remote actually looks like.
If you are asking if the Logitech remote will work on a Vu Duo 4K, the answer is yes

joysleep1
23-03-20, 21:06
Guess what guys. I managed to get my tv remote to control volume thus allowing me to use my vu remote.. Really happy about it.
Thanks for all your input peeps

Sicilian
26-03-20, 08:21
I've got this soundbar, no issues controlling it with either LG OLED remote or VU+ Ultimo 4K remote.

joysleep1
26-03-20, 10:28
I've got this soundbar, no issues controlling it with either LG OLED remote or VU+ Ultimo 4K remote.

Oh you have this too.. Yh i did not realize i had to alter the HDMI settings and then it worked?

How do you find the ysp 2500?

Sicilian
26-03-20, 10:35
Oh you have this too.. Yh i did not realize i had to alter the HDMI settings and then it worked?

How do you find the ysp 2500?

If I'm honest can't remember if I changed any specific settings, think I just setup the soundbar on arc.

But yes the YSP2500 is a great piece of kit, would be happier is the HDMI ports on it had 4K passthru though.

joysleep1
26-03-20, 10:38
If I'm honest can't remember if I changed any specific settings, think I just setup the soundbar on arc.

But yes the YSP2500 is a great piece of kit, would be happier is the HDMI ports on it had 4K passthru though.

I just use optical output on my one, however i think it does have the ability for 4k pass through. If i am not mistaken, it does not work with HDR or something called HDCP 2.2 or something like that.

Sicilian
26-03-20, 11:34
I just use optical output on my one, however i think it does have the ability for 4k pass through. If i am not mistaken, it does not work with HDR or something called HDCP 2.2 or something like that.

Your right about passthru, just checked the spec again. Gonna shift some devices about.

joysleep1
26-03-20, 11:55
Your right about passthru, just checked the spec again. Gonna shift some devices about.

What is the exact benefit for using HDMI rather than optical? The current way i am using is optical and the sound is very good? Is it supposed to be much better with HDMI?

Thanks