PDA

View Full Version : Swap Manager issues

deejayh
22-03-20, 21:32
Hi all,

Sorry to post again, but I cannot edit the SWAP Manager
I can stop and start but not edit where the swap is located!

For some reason it's picked up the other Zgemma in the upstairs bedroom!!??!

Cheers

twol
22-03-20, 22:10
Why do you need to add a swap on the H7???? Should not be necessary, as there is one automatically added for Kodi in the image build

birdman
23-03-20, 03:27
Why do you need to add a swap on the H7???? Should not be necessary, as there is one automatically added for Kodi in the image buildMissing the point, I feel.
His system is using a network-file as swap - and he's asking how to change that to a local one. It should be possible (indeed, the box shouldn't have found a remote one in the first place).

birdman
23-03-20, 03:34
The SwapManager.py file ignores mounts starting with /media/net, but not /media/autofs.
Which is why it's picked up the remote one.
That's a bug.

birdman
23-03-20, 03:44
And when you don't have one, the Blue button becomes Create (AFAICT).

birdman
23-03-20, 04:01
https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/pull/90 should fix it.

twol
23-03-20, 06:57
Missing the point, I feel.
His system is using a network-file as swap - and he's asking how to change that to a local one. It should be possible (indeed, the box shouldn't have found a remote one in the first place).
No - not missing the point, there are 2 issues here -regardless of the incorrect mount check, he should not need a swap, its already there in the eMMC

Andy_Hazza
23-03-20, 07:07
Using a Swap on a new receiver is ludicrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
23-03-20, 08:02
Using a Swap on a new receiver is ludicrous.

Especially as one is added as part of the build! But people carry on with old habits! Have a nice day Andy.

Andy_Hazza
23-03-20, 08:14
I think Swap Manager needs to be removed by default and some code written that identifies low resource boxes and it will then appear in the Plugin Feeds.

deejayh
23-03-20, 13:24
Thanks guys - Brilliant response!:) :)

@Birdman
https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/pull/90 - No such file or directory ==Update sorry I thought I had to put in the file. Where would I need to paste this code and what will it do?

I was more staggered that I could not change anything on that screenshot at all - Oh Sorry i CAN AUTOSTART :)

And staggered more that it was starting on my remote box in the bedroom!!!

Cheers

birdman
23-03-20, 13:24
No - not missing the point, there are 2 issues here -regardless of the incorrect mount check, he should not need a swap, its already there in the eMMCExcept that Vix IGNORES this and finds the one on a remote system.
That IS the point.

twol
23-03-20, 14:56
@Deejayh -
1) there was an issue with the code which Birdman will fix
2) On the H7 there is no reason to use a swap for normal purposes, and as part of the Zgemma H7 build one is automatically allocated in the eMMC memory.

abu baniaz
23-03-20, 16:12
A swap file is only used when it is required. No need to remove the functionality IMO. No need to create one either unless you need it. It is our cousins on TK who need to stop advising adding a swap file and initialise storage device after flashing a receiver.

@Deejayh, try/practice this with regards to screenshots:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files