PDA

View Full Version : How to configure Multisatellite lnbs and FBC tuner for watching and recording simultaneously

zram
10-03-20, 21:21
Hello,

I am seeking help to upgrade my installation to manage to watch and record simultaneously channels of different transponders.

Presently, my installation comprises one fixed satellite dish with 4 universal lnbs (Astra 1, 2, 3 + Eutelsat 5°W) connected to one receiver through a Diseqc switch 4/1.
I recently replaced my single tuner receiver by a VU+ uno 4K having a FBC twin tuner, which in theory should allow me to watch and record at the same time.

However, I have only one coax cable entering the house, and at the moment, with the VU+, I cannot watch and record channels not being in the same quadrant.

My first question is: Is my present installation suitable for watching and recording at the same time channels of different transponders?

If not, then how can I modify my installation to enable it, without having to pull a second coax cable?

I read that unicable (scr) lnbs might be a solution, and that these could work in combination with the diseqc switch. Can anybody confirm it?

Assuming that it can make it, and that I replace one universal lnb by a unicable (scr) lnb, then how should I set up the tuner?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Trial
11-03-20, 08:31
Hi,
for universal LNBs 1 cable LNBs it might get difficult. For Quattro- or Wide-LNBs "Jultec JPS1701-16MN" would be a solution.

Ralf

abu baniaz
12-03-20, 11:52
You have a diseqc switch, so that will only allow you to access one satellite at a time.

You should be able to use a diseqc switch with unicable LNB, but that would still restrict you to one satellite at a time.

A unicable switch would be better.