PDA

View Full Version : Suggest Me a Box

scjgreen
08-03-20, 17:16
Currently using a Formuler Z8 and Formuler Z7+ for IPTV and Kodi to stream from my Personal Media Collection.

Moving house and wanting to get a Satellite Box for FTA Channels and would be great to get one Box to do it all.

Wants - IPTV, Kodi, DVB-S with EPG , 4K Support with HDR, Gigabit Ethernet.

edit - I looked at the Formuler S Turbo but only has 1GB Ram and 10/100 Ethernet, otherwise i think this would be ideal for me.

What would you buy?

Thanks In Advance

Steve

Andy_Hazza
08-03-20, 17:58
Octagon SF8008 is a mega great box. No giga ethernet though. But has Stalker (IPTV), Kodi so would be ideal for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
08-03-20, 18:43
Octagon SF8008 is a mega great box. No giga ethernet though. But has Stalker (IPTV), Kodi so would be ideal for you.

Does have gbit lan ;)

Andy_Hazza
08-03-20, 18:48
Does have gbit lan ;)

I best change my ethernet cable!!

Andy_Hazza
08-03-20, 18:52
So it has!! [emoji3]

twol
08-03-20, 20:14
This is obvious - but it’s not.
The obvious choice is the sf8008 (or possibly the Viper4K or Gigablue Trio - basically samebox depending on requirements)
Or the Edision 4K receivers -nice quality alu casings.
Or for price the Zgemma receivers

Look at your budget, your EXACT requirements and then think about where the box is going - complications like Family

.. then decide

... and if its down to Remotes then its Vu+or Gigablue .... or preferably choose a company that makes remotes as a business!

scjgreen
09-03-20, 15:38
This is obvious - but it’s not.
The obvious choice is the sf8008 (or possibly the Viper4K or Gigablue Trio - basically samebox depending on requirements)
Or the Edision 4K receivers -nice quality alu casings.
Or for price the Zgemma receivers

Look at your budget, your EXACT requirements and then think about where the box is going - complications like Family

.. then decide

... and if its down to Remotes then its Vu+or Gigablue .... or preferably choose a company that makes remotes as a business!

Budget isn't really an issue as long as I get something that does everything well...

I like the look of the Octogon and also the look of the Gigablue Stuff.

There's only me using it generally but a decent EPG and Menu system always helps.

Remote wise I'll be using a Logitech Harmony so that simplifies that side of things.

Thanks for the advice 👍🏻