PDA

View Full Version : PiHole/DNSMASQ with OpenVix

Trial
08-03-20, 11:33
Hi,
for 18 month I use PiHole as a filter in my network and everything worked. A few weeks ago I started using DNSMASQ (in PiHole Docker) as a local DNS server so that I have full control over the names in my network. In general it works with 5 exceptions:
All of my 5 E2 receivers with OpenVix have a delay of 5 seconds for each dns query. I tried all tips I found in the internet for resolv.conf of PiHole and now also on E2 but E2 still has a delay of 5 seconds and this makes it almost impossible to use. Does anyone use DNSMASQ beside me?

Another thing I found is resolv.conf of my E2 receivers. First entry is always IPv6 and I do not know which server it is. It is not the IPv6 address of the name server I entered in the network configuration. If I delete it it reapears after a reboot.

Any ideas? Can I disable IPv6 support?

edit: with
options timeout:1
in resolv.conf I limited the timeout to 1 sec and therefore also the delay. It is not perfect but boxes are usable that way with DNSMASQ in my network.

edit2: openatv board had the solution. In file /etc/network/interfaces add a line "iface <interface> inet6 manual" for the used interface. Where interface is mostly eth0 or wlan3.

Ralf