PDA

View Full Version : H9-2S Brief freeze

davidja
04-03-20, 14:40
Watching satellite based terrestrial TV - I had Wooshbuild Infinity on my Zgemma and started to experience a brief freeze in the picture then it sped up to catch up, all the time the sound was unaffected. I assumed it was the OPenATV version so updated that and no change. I have now replaced Wooshbuild with latest Openvix and STILL experience the identical problem. The box is less than a year old at most surely it cant be faulty? Any advice appreciated.

abu baniaz
04-03-20, 17:08
What are you actually watching? Satellite or Terrestrial? It is one or the other, not a combination of both.

Free or encrypted?
Are you using Timeshift?

davidja
04-03-20, 17:51
Sorry, confusion of terms... Its Satellite so any of the FTA channels - e.g BBC1. No I am not using Timeshift, just straight forward real-time transmission.

Sicilian
04-03-20, 19:45
This is normal when zapping with any Hisilicon cpu based receiver.

davidja
05-03-20, 19:32
This is NOT when zapping through channels. This is simply watching over a period of time any channel. It does it every 20 seconds or so. I would be interested in your thoughts. Thanks

wsran720
07-10-20, 15:08
Hello,
I had the same problem early this week with my new Zgemma H9 Twin. Screen did freeze every 20 seconds and then fast motion to match with sound, both in FTA and encrypted channels.
Reading forum posts here and there I found the cause in my case. I have a Home Assistant server installed, which automatically integrates with Enigma2 receivers and takes a screenshot every 20 seconds to show it in the app; that screenshot coincided with the receiver's freezes, so I disabled Home Assistant integration and problem solved.

A&S&O
08-10-20, 22:31
I have the same problem. Happens on live tv or playback. Brief pause, then fast forward to catchup, audio unaffected.

A&S&O
08-10-20, 22:52
I have the same problem. Happens on live tv or playback. Brief pause, then fast forward to catchup, audio unaffected.

Just switched off network and live TV is fine, so must be a problem in that area.

ronand
08-10-20, 22:55
It could be the so-called "soap opera effect" caused by motion smoothing on some tv sets.

A&S&O
09-10-20, 07:34
Just switched off network and live TV is fine, so must be a problem in that area.

Mine is now fixed. I had opened a web interface to the box, set the screen refresh to 1 second and left the page open - the box couldn't cope. I've switched off refresh and closed the webpage and now all is OK.

Thanks to wsran720 for pointing me in the right direction.

trix0
09-12-20, 20:35
Hello,
I had the same problem early this week with my new Zgemma H9 Twin. Screen did freeze every 20 seconds and then fast motion to match with sound, both in FTA and encrypted channels.
Reading forum posts here and there I found the cause in my case. I have a Home Assistant server installed, which automatically integrates with Enigma2 receivers and takes a screenshot every 20 seconds to show it in the app; that screenshot coincided with the receiver's freezes, so I disabled Home Assistant integration and problem solved.

I have had exactly same problem. I also use Home assistant. I chose to disable the "grab" command on the box - believe it is in /usr/bin/. Simply renamed grab to grab_bckp. That fixed the problem and allowed the integration with Home Assistant to be intact. However, the box cannot take any screenshots in openwebif nor in Home Assistant.

linsladeboy
04-07-21, 10:42
I am also getting this brief freeze issue on this receiver on client mode, previously had Technomate nano m3 which did not have this problem.
Receiver is connected to an old panasonic 19 inch 720p TV, is this the reason why it's playing up?

twol
04-07-21, 10:48
I am also getting this brief freeze issue on this receiver on client mode, previously had Technomate nano m3 which did not have this problem.
Receiver is connected to an old panasonic 19 inch 720p TV, is this the reason why it's playing up?

More likely how the box is connected - WiFi, wall plugs, LAN???

linsladeboy
04-07-21, 11:47
Box is connected by wifi, router is literally less than 1 metre away. Technomate was previously connected with home plugs, maybe that’s the problem. Zgemma is feeding off Vu+ zero 4k by the way.