PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] can't install nfs/samba

pac2000
26-02-20, 01:21
Hi, I seem to have a problem with NFS on my 2 Quad+ boxes... The NFS server works for a while after rebooting the boxes, but it's not stable and stops working when using the network share from one box to the other after 2 hours or less... If I reboot, it starts to work again, but it's a pain in the ass...

If I go to rescan network (browser) after it fails, only cifs/samba shares show, yet in the settings menu, it says the NFS is running... I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling NFS in the network>utilities menu and reflashing the image many times to no avail...

Only a reboot of one, or both boxes re-enables the NFS server, and then in network browser the NFS shares show up... But only for a period of time, depending on use...

Both boxes have an internal drive, which can be accessed by cifs/samba(not a problem), but my usb drive seems to only be accessible via NFS (USB/HDD2)... And that's the reason I'm posting...

Is there a solution to the NFS server crashing, or can I access my USB drive via cifs/samba in any other way, or can I use another protocol like miniDLNA, ftp, atp to access the USB drive...

Any help would be most appreciated, as I'm tearing my hair out... I just want a stable connection, and be able to access the usb drive on demand without faffing about...

Thanks...

twol
26-02-20, 07:59
How are you networking thru powerplugs or direct onto a LAN?

pac2000
26-02-20, 17:32
Thanks for your response twol.

Direct through Lan, no problems accessing via pc, and get 40MBs speeds from the drives. I could access via samba using root, then mnt and hdd2 and set that as a bookmark, but it's not very kid friendly. If it was just one quad+ I'd say there was a problem with one, but it's both.

cactikid
26-02-20, 22:36
Are both quads seen as different boxes as with 2 different ips.

pac2000
26-02-20, 23:25
Yeah, both have static ip's reserved by my router, they're configured to use dhcp. It happened again tonight when the kids were watching they're programs(Stargate SG-1), they get to the end, and both are sent to the home folder(media\hdd\movie)... I then went to settings>network>utilities>NFS on the box with usb drive and stopped the service, but it wouldn't restart... Restarted the box and it works again...

pac2000
26-02-20, 23:40
Debug log file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m20xj5x6hdsljsp/Enigma2_debug_2020-02-26_20-42-58.log?dl=0

birdman
27-02-20, 01:06
Nothing at all to do with your problem, but that log shows in cleaning up old recordings:

< 85.468> [RecordTimer] Failed to call Trashcan.instance.cleanIfIdle()

EDIT: No, this is OK. It happens when a recording begins as soon as the box starts up.

pac2000
27-02-20, 01:35
Yeah, the box was in the middle of recording my girlfriends soaps... Had to wait till end of part to reboot, lol...

Tried miniDLNA, and using DLNA Browser plugin on the client boxes, but the player is basic and only supports play/stop/pause(no seek functions), which is a shame cuz the rest of the plugin is rock solid... Folders at the top, which most DLNA clients have the folders half way down the list, idk why...

pac2000
08-03-20, 02:24
lol, this site is a shadow of it's former self... No response to an error with the default network file system... I've bought a hp microserver n54l and installed server 2019... This used to be the place to ask anything, and get answers, and that's evident doing searches from Google... But alas, with the encryption by sly and vm, it's been abandoned... Such a shame... Makes me sad... And I fear for the future of enigma2 is based systems as a result... I can work around the problems, but that isn't the case for everyone... Take care guys, l8rz...