PDA

View Full Version : Any use for a Duo 2 these days?

northernmonkey
18-02-20, 09:16
As per the title really, I’ve had a Duo 2 sat in the cupboard for a few years now and wondered what, if any use these are these days? IPTV only?

Seems a shame to have it gathering dust!

Andy_Hazza
18-02-20, 09:24
Proper satellite enthusiasts like the ability to be able to modify the appearance (skins), the recordings are not locked down (encrypted), create/modify their channel lists to suit (e-channelizer) etc. Just to name a few...... So so much more to e2. Problem is the non satellite enthusiasts just want something to plug in & play and they belong to the Sky & Virgin world. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v8rick
18-02-20, 12:14
Gis it. mine was still my main box until Ultimo 4k now its my other half's box used daily

autoart
20-02-20, 12:13
Absolutely I've been running my VU duo2 for a few years now and it's still going strong had the original Vu Duo for years before that only changed it as it was showing its age (slow) and I wanted the flexibility of different plug-in tuners. (VU duo2 Fantastic bit of kit)

bellejt
20-02-20, 16:16
2 times vu duo2 here.One as master with 4 tuners and second as bedroombox with fallback tuner.Will only change master if one off them is broken with master ultimo 4k.

timofee
21-02-20, 16:31
I am looking to get a high quality satellite box that can take an internal 3.5" HDD.

If you want to convert you Duo2 from unused in your cupboard to daily use in my place, please get in contact.