PDA

View Full Version : Cable tuner on/for Mutant HD51

avalon65
17-02-20, 18:34
I have had a Mutant HD51 dual satellite boxt for almost 3 years now, and would like to have a cable connection added.

Is it a relatively easy job to myself, or is it best left for a tv tech guy to do it. What options do I have.

Thanks

Sicilian
17-02-20, 18:36
Easy plug and play, just be careful to link up the pins in their sockets correctly.

avalon65
17-02-20, 18:45
Are they marked up or orientated so they only fit one way.

Also could you point me to what cable tuner I should buy.

Thanks

cactikid
17-02-20, 23:15
It would have to be one made for that model of box and the feeds face the outside of box.Image shows it as a rf in and not threaded.Finding one one might have to search a bit to locate one for old boxes.

Sicilian
18-02-20, 06:20
Can only be installed one way, no idea where you'll buy one though.

twol
18-02-20, 08:20
German web sites have them for sale still.

avalon65
18-02-20, 09:30
It would have to be one made for that model of box and the feeds face the outside of box.Image shows it as a rf in and not threaded.Finding one one might have to search a bit to locate one for old boxes.

It might be easier to buy a new box with what I want rather than trawl through dozens of google links for a cable tuner for my Mutant.
I've had a quick look and there doesn't seem to be one I can find yet.

Sicilian
18-02-20, 13:53
It might be easier to buy a new box with what I want rather than trawl through dozens of google links for a cable tuner for my Mutant.

Zgemma H7S, basically same as HD51, but comes with 2x S2X Sat tuners and 1x DVB-C/T/T2 tuner.

avalon65
18-02-20, 15:27

I rang up the shop and they had 1 in a box which was put on their site, and I have ordered it now.