PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo4K] Iptv 4K playback problem

taximonkey
15-02-20, 23:21
Hi, I have a VU+Ultimo 4K box running an iptv sub through the Xstream plugin. Channels play fine but the iptv provider has lots of 4K VOD content but these files will not play, I get audio only but no picture. The normal non 4K VOD content plays perfectly. I was wondering if there was a setting I am missing somewhere to get the 4K stuff to play correctly or if this is not supported in this image. Any help appreciated.
Thank you

Trial
16-02-20, 09:30
Hi,
which codec is used for 4K? The Ultimo4K does not play h264 with a resolution of more than 1920x1080. The Duo4K can play h264 4K.

Ralf

Andy_Hazza
16-02-20, 10:10
Hi, I have a VU+Ultimo 4K box running an iptv sub through the Xstream plugin. Channels play fine but the iptv provider has lots of 4K VOD content but these files will not play, I get audio only but no picture. The normal non 4K VOD content plays perfectly. I was wondering if there was a setting I am missing somewhere to get the 4K stuff to play correctly or if this is not supported in this image. Any help appreciated.
Thank you

It will most likely be the limitation of the box, even though it’s a premium box. I have a Zgemma H9S and an Octagon SF8008 and they plays 4K content no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial
16-02-20, 11:28
Hi,
4K is not 4K. You get it as h264 and h265. So if you say 4K without any problem you should also add if also h264 and VP9 is meant.

Ralf

taximonkey
16-02-20, 14:44
Hi im not sure what format the 4k content is being broadcast in, but it makes sense that the limitation is down to the hardware capabilities of the box.
Like Andy says it is a premium box so I just assumed it would play all files no problem with it being a 4K box.
Thanks guys

lincsat
16-02-20, 15:03
You could try switching between Gstreamer and Ext player, 4097 and 5002 to see if that makes any difference. I manage to play some 4K on my Ultimo4K, like NASA UHD but not sure what codec they use.

taximonkey
16-02-20, 15:36
Hi, I just went to try that but it looks like all the VOD movies and VOD series are down at the moment nothing will play apart from the normal channels movies documentaries music etc.
I will give it another try later.
Thanks