PDA

View Full Version : How do I get epg to populate HD versions -ala CH4 HD etc

bmitie
12-02-20, 14:12
I have an xtrend10000 and updated to latest vix today 5.3.016 and using it as is, ie added nothing, using that Vix blue skin. I have 2 tuners on 28east and 2 DTT tuners for Saorview terrestial(Ireland) All good but I like HD and noticed that I can search for CH4 HD and then move to favourites BUT the epg is blank so I have to keep CH4 SD underneath, same for aljazeera HD. I don't have a clue how to resolve it but it would be nice to have epg on HD.

Is it possible and what do I need to do and I am no expert.

bmitie

Andy_Hazza
12-02-20, 14:54
What are you using to create your channel list? You could use Sky UK and select FTA only and use CrossEPG/OpenTV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
12-02-20, 16:38
Channel 4 HD is not part of freesat. That means it is not part of the channel line up on Freesat and the EPG data is not on Freesat.

With regards to getting ABM to add Channel 4 HD for Freesat, you have to manually scan the transponder that has Channel 4 HD first, then run ABM. It is a one time process, it is not needed every time ABM runs. This is 11126, vertical, 22000

With regards to obtaining EPG data for it, there are several processes to do it.
The easiest is to use CrossEPG downloader

Joe_90
13-02-20, 15:41
@bmitie - abu's suggestion is good. I'm based in Wicklow and use two DTT tuners for Saorview and two tuners for Freesat/Sky(FTA only). I use ABM to populate the channel list twice a week and run CrossEPG at the same time to ensure the SKY specific channels have their entries filled in the EPG. The Freesat channels will have their 7 day EPG entries populated just by being tuned to a channel for long enough, but you need to use CrossEPG or EPGrefresh to tune to the SKY-specific source for that data. My own experience with EPGrefresh wasn't great as I ended up with gaps in the EPG occasionally, but yours may be better! If you want to use CrossEPG (which was the older method) you will have to load it from plugins as it's no longer installed by default.

bmitie
13-02-20, 16:51
Thanks all.

When I upgraded to latest VIX I took it as it was with an epg included and autobouquets. I don't want any sky channels, except for sky news so when configuring I used FTA only but I had a nice channel list with bouquets that I made for a zgemmah.2s so uploaded that. Just now I had a go at autobouquets and all my nice setup has gone!! Is there I way I can keep my bouquets and still run autobouquets occasionally? I expected Saorview to have its own heading but its under All Channels. I can change this to Saorview easily but will it disappear again if I run ..etc? I had channel 4hd scanned in and moved to a bouquet along with cnn hd, al jazeera hd these have now gone!!

I hope the above makes sense!

For the EPG I have EPG Importer set up. I will get cross epg and have a look but I must have made an error with that autobouquets in that it deleted channels.

I have dreamboxedit that I use now and then for my own setup.

Any further guidance welcome.

abu baniaz
13-02-20, 17:23
Autobouquets E2 by LraiZer (AB 28.2) has not been updated for a while, best you use AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM)

Any manual movements will not be honoured when ABM runs,

abu baniaz
13-02-20, 17:39
Please disregard my post about Channel 4 HD and ABM for now. It is not being pulled in on 126

EDIT:
You need to use this mix file, but change it to 126
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=472107&viewfull=1#post472107

bmitie
13-02-20, 19:50
What I have done is run ABM, then downloaded CrossEPG, ran that and low and behold I got epg for CH4 HD and the others cnnhd, al jaaeera hd. I reloaded my saved channel list and all good now. I wont run ABM for a long time. I have EPG set up, EPG importer setup and Crossepg all set up to run daily.

In your last post I am lost, where would I put that information?

abu baniaz
13-02-20, 19:52
All explained in that thread. There is a custom folder within ABM plugin directory.

Best not to use CrossEPG and EPG Importer together. You will get overwrites.

smipx
12-04-20, 17:22
.... deleted

kb007
08-11-20, 12:41
Channel 4 HD is not part of freesat. That means it is not part of the channel line up on Freesat and the EPG data is not on Freesat.

With regards to getting ABM to add Channel 4 HD for Freesat, you have to manually scan the transponder that has Channel 4 HD first, then run ABM. It is a one time process, it is not needed every time ABM runs. This is 11126, vertical, 22000

With regards to obtaining EPG data for it, there are several processes to do it.
The easiest is to use CrossEPG downloader

Thanks for this which has solved 1 issue but I am unable to get the EPG to work and also most importantly to be able to record programs a few days ahead.

CrossEPG didnt work for me.

any help would be appreciated.....CNBC appears to be a similar issue

Joe_90
08-11-20, 13:36
Those two channels are part of the SKY lineup. If you use a SKY FTA provider in ABM, then it will pull in all the FTA channels provided on the SKY EPG including C4HD and various news HD channels. You could use that bouquet in place of Freesat. I personally prefer the Freesat channel layout, but I do scan the SKY line-up also and occasionally switch to it. CrossEPG will populate the EPG with C4HD data for sure.

kb007
08-11-20, 15:02
Those two channels are part of the SKY lineup. If you use a SKY FTA provider in ABM, then it will pull in all the FTA channels provided on the SKY EPG including C4HD and various news HD channels. You could use that bouquet in place of Freesat. I personally prefer the Freesat channel layout, but I do scan the SKY line-up also and occasionally switch to it. CrossEPG will populate the EPG with C4HD data for sure.

Thanks for the help...can I ask what is ABM (newby)

We only like to watch the HD channels so if there are any others on FTA please let me know.

abu baniaz
08-11-20, 15:10
AutoBouquetsMaker. A plugin to create bouquets.

abu baniaz
08-11-20, 15:30
How are you making your bouquets?
Do you have channel 4 HD in your bouquets?

kb007
08-11-20, 15:30
AutoBouquetsMaker. A plugin to create bouquets.

All good I found the Cross-EPG setup and just said yes to everything.....and its now working

Thanks

Joe_90
08-11-20, 16:55
@kb007 - good that you have sorted your issue. I hadn't realised that you had jumped into the middle of bmitie's thread, so I assumed that I was addressing the original poster who had mentioned that s(he) had run ABM.

kb007
08-11-20, 17:18
How are you making your bouquets?
Do you have channel 4 HD in your bouquets?

I dont have a clue. But willing to learn....how do I setup Bouquets?

I have just blundered through setting up Tiviar Alpha +. Now running Open VIX 5.4.002.

I have also used OpenWebif to save the channels I wanted.

any suggestions appreciated

abu baniaz
08-11-20, 17:25
You cant save channrls, if you perform a scan, they are all there.

Did you add them to a folder/group? If so, that is a bouquet. As in a bouquet of flowers. But in this case a channels/services. As you have done this already, no need for further help required.

kb007
08-11-20, 20:24
You cant save channels, if you perform a scan, they are all there.

Did you add them to a folder/group? If so, that is a bouquet. As in a bouquet of flowers. But in this case a channels/services. As you have done this already, no need for further help required.

I saved them to New Favorites. But I have figured out now how to add folders.

A weird thing has just happened. Channel 4 HD is showing now under EPG. So I added a timer to record "A place in the Sun". It triggered to record BUT went to standard resolution and not HD. So I stopped that one and while watching the HD channel re set record and still went to SD..............what am I doing wrong?

Im learning slowly