PDA

View Full Version : FTP to E2 box from outside network.

keithr
08-02-20, 10:26
Hi, I need to be able to FTP from my home network to my E2 STB situated in my property in Spain.
All the searches I have done end with advice on accessing OpenWeb ect, I only need remote access to enable me to set up IPTV when I need to change services. The box I am using at the moment is Xspeed LX2 with OpenVix installed.

Thanks
Keith

Sicilian
08-02-20, 10:55
Port forward the FTP port to the receiver IP, but make sure you setup a password on the Receiver. Otherwise will be open to the world.

keithr
08-02-20, 15:37
Thanks Sicilian, I have set up a stactic IP for the box, forwarded the port and have a strong PW but I am not sure how to connect? I use FlashFXP to connect in my own network, I guess I need to put an address in "Remote Path"?
Keith

Trial
08-02-20, 19:00
Hi,
you either need your current public IP or you must use a DDNS provider. If you have an IP or DDNS name then simply:
ftp://<ip>:<port you forwarded> or
ftp://<DDNS name>:<port you forwarded>

Better option would be to enable VPN in your router and use VPN.

Ralf

keithr
09-02-20, 17:33
Hi, I am using BT Hub5 and can't install a VPN on it. I have a ddns name and know my public IP but I don't know where to enter either ddns name or public IP in FlashFTP.

Trial
09-02-20, 18:28
Hi,
address/url of course. First your public IP or the DDNS name and on the right side the port you opened. It is better if you do not forward port 21 extern to 21 intern because it can be found easily. Port 23451 extern to 21 intern is a little little bit moire safe.

You can try this also while your are at home before you need it from extern.

Ralf