PDA

View Full Version : Duo 4K and Best LNB

psionguy
06-02-20, 13:12
Looking at getting a VUduo 4K, currently, have a very old universal LNB, and wonder if this play will 4K transmissions, also will I be able to take advantage of the extra tuners on this receiver and LNB setup?

Set up is a fixed dish on 28E and a movable dish for the rest.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

abu baniaz
06-02-20, 13:22
With a universal LNB, you will be able to use the 6 demodulators without their own connection in loop-through mode. To fully utilise the FBC tuner, you will need a Unicable 2 LNB. It has a 40mm collar like standard LNBs. If you have a Sky mk3 or newer mini dish, you will need an adapter unless you want to tinker. It is cheaper to get the splitters at outset.

psionguy
06-02-20, 14:28
With a universal LNB, you will be able to use the 6 demodulators without their own connection in loop-through mode. To fully utilise the FBC tuner, you will need a Unicable 2 LNB. It has a 40mm collar like standard LNBs. If you have a Sky mk3 or newer mini dish, you will need an adapter unless you want to tinker. It is cheaper to get the splitters at outset.

Many thanks for that Info, just one more question, will my old universal LNB manage 4k transmissions?

Trial
06-02-20, 14:42
Hi,
4K reception does not have anything to do with the LNB. Either you have good reception or not depends on the LNB. If you see something in an ad like Full HD, 4K or 3D LNB it is only marketing nonsense.

Ralf

psionguy
06-02-20, 17:20
Thanks, it's what I thought but good to have confirmation. Think I could do with a LNB upgrade, but a job for better weather I think.

abu baniaz
06-02-20, 17:26
Thanks, it's what I thought but good to have confirmation. Think I could do with a LNB upgrade, but a job for better weather I think.
You can change LNB when it gets warmer.

I dislike the wrong information people propagate when they say: "You need Unicable LNB for FBC tuners" and also "You need FBC tuners for unicable LNB/switch"

The two technologies are separate and can be added at different times.