PDA

View Full Version : How many channels can I record?

Scherzzo
05-02-20, 12:13
Easy question I hope? How many channels can I record at one time with Duo4k? I'd have a sat tuner and a T2 tuner installed. I have a duo2 already but will only upgrade if I can record more channels at one time. Assume the LNBs that sky had installed for Sky Q will work also?

Cheers guys, love reading the forum!

v8rick
05-02-20, 13:47
I don't think Sky Q lnb will work. If you want to use fbc tuners you need Unicable LNB. then i think you can record/watch 7 channels.

Just read your post again don't T2 tuner only have 2 feeds

abu baniaz
05-02-20, 14:30
You can't use wideband LNB with any E2 receiver directly. If they fitted a Hybrid LNB, then you can use the legacy/universal ports.

You can use a universal/normal/ordinary LNB with FBC tuners. Unicable LNB is not a must.

With the traditional LNB and FBC, you can record more channels than a regular tuner. Obviously depends on which quadrant you are accessing.

However, Unicable LNB does allow you to configure the 8 demodulators separately. If you want to make the most of the FBC tuners, then best to get a unicable LNB, dish adapter and splitters.

The MTSIF terrestrial tuner is just like the normal twin terrestrial tuner with regards to recording. The connections to motherboard are different. I think they are not hybrid.( Cable/Terrestrial)

abu baniaz
05-02-20, 14:33
When taking about number of recordings, best to refer to transponders and not channels.

A Vu Solo, the really old one, has one tuner. It can record many channels simultaneously. But only on one TP. Same applies to other receivers.

birdman
05-02-20, 21:17
Just read your post again don't T2 tuner only have 2 feedsYou can, however, record a large number of TV channels at a time.
e.g, on UK Freeeview BBC 1, 2, ITV, C4 and C5 (the HD versions of each) are all on the same mux, so you can record all of them at the same time with one tuner.
One COM4 you can get up to 16 at certain times of day (whether you'd want to watch them wasn't part of the question) on one tuner.

Scherzzo
05-02-20, 23:58
Thanks for the info guys, MUCH appreciated