PDA

View Full Version : Enigma 2 no internet connection

smudger2468
26-01-20, 11:56
For no known reason both of my Enigma boxes are showing “no internet connection”. I have tested connection however there is a tick beside LAN adapter so it appears to be connected? IP address and Nameserver are showing as unconfirmed. I have also tried restarting the network via the box and also tried the network wizard but that fails also. I have rebooted router as well as taking power cable out of box at the same time but nothing rectifies the problem. Please help me to restore internet connection to my boxes as it has stopped. Thanks.

CRUMBLIN
26-01-20, 13:39
As you are using two boxes is there a possibility that they may be using the same IP addresses? Try with only one box connected to the internet using DHCP setting.

smudger2468
26-01-20, 13:55
Tried unplugging one box but same issue. They have both worked fine for some time so not sure why they would suddenly both show no internet connection. Please help, desperate!

bellejt
26-01-20, 13:57
how are boxes connected to your router ? Maybe show foto here of your settings.

ccs
26-01-20, 14:22
Are you using the same router to access the internet to post on this forum?

If you're not, then maybe there really is no internet access on your router.

cactikid
26-01-20, 15:33
Long ago i had issues with internet connection on box and could only get a connection when router and box powered off,might your router now have blocked access to this box and presume its hard wired to router.

daz450
26-01-20, 16:31
Are you using a vpn? If so the server you are connecting to may be down.

satmanbasil
27-01-20, 15:11
Tried unplugging one box but same issue. They have both worked fine for some time so not sure why they would suddenly both show no internet connection. Please help, desperate!

Hi m8

try setting up one receiver through the wizard with a manual IP address within your network settings and seeing if a network test sees the connection, also if using ethernet cable just give them a extra push in incase they just wiggled free
and not connecting right do this at both ends router/receiver.
You could also try wireless setting in the receiver and see if that allows you to connect , when doing any of these shut down all your equipment router/receiver then power up the router first when happy that's reconnected check with another
device like tablet or mobile then start the receiver setup wizard

regards

cactikid
27-01-20, 21:32
Possible other check to do is try at a different address to see if it connects and if it does straight away issue is at your house.