PDA

View Full Version : Amiko Viper 4K51 and wireless USB

leemoo
24-01-20, 19:47
Hi, just received my Amiko Viper 4K51 box today and purchased the USB wireless connection with the box from WOS. My question is do I need to go in to the plugins and install a specific driver to get this working or should it just work? I have tried setting up the wifi network but its not able to find any networks when trying to scan. Tried setting up manually but not having any joy with that also. On the USB wifi it has Ctagon on it.

Thanks for any help guys!

leemoo
24-01-20, 20:56
Quick update....managed to get the wifi connected to my network but then lost sound on my box?!

Tried removing the dongle and rebooting but still no sound and now back to square one as wifi is not connecting again. Hope once the dongle is working I don't need to keep getting it connected each time I shut down the box.
Tried installing latest updates which where nothing to do with wifi or sound but done the 2 updates anyway in hope....but still the same. May have to start from scratch I think....no biggy but just a bit of a pain considering you expect things to pretty much work out of the box :)

twol
24-01-20, 21:03
Where does the WiFi come from? - perhaps you can explain your network setup?