PDA

View Full Version : Tuner issues on VU Duo2

psionguy
24-01-20, 11:21
I have already posted about the loss of one of my tuners. To recap I have fixed dish on tuner B running 28E and a moving dish on tuner A. Tuner B no longer works but tuner A is still working with the motorised dish. What I have been trying to establish is it the fixed dish that is faulty or is it the tuner, so I connected the cable from tuner B onto the satellite input of my TV which has both normal and satellite tuners and it worked, so my fixed dish is clearly OK, but this is the strange thing, without the fixed dish installed on B in my Duo2 the tuner A no longer worked. So it appears both cables need to be in inserted in the duo for just tuner A to function. I have accepted that my best option is to just to purchase a new box, but would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this issue and was there a fix?

ccs
24-01-20, 11:32
Tuner C on my ET10K didn't work if Tuner D didn't have a feed, T2 tuners but kind of the same issue.

psionguy
24-01-20, 12:31
Tuner C on my ET10K didn't work if Tuner D didn't have a feed, T2 tuners but kind of the same issue.

I do not believe that a twin tuner only works with cables in both inputs, not everyone that purchases this unit will have 2 dishes and it should happily work with just one dish providing the dish settings are correct which mine is. It's a strange problem which I am sure is a hardware issue which I cannot get the bottom of.

Thanks for responding.

abu baniaz
24-01-20, 12:42
can you post screenshot of your tuner configuration please?

psionguy
24-01-20, 12:59

Tuner B is disabled, Tuner A attached.

If I put B fixed dish 28E into a different receiver it works, but then tuner A on the duo 2 does not work. B tuner with the fixed dish does not work on the Duo2 anymore hence why I have disabled it.

Thanks for looking.