PDA

View Full Version : FBC Tuners

Iya
23-01-20, 12:33
Hi All
This question probably applies to all fbc tuners...not just the Gigabyte one.
I have my fixed dish (28 degrees, with Inverto Unicable II LNB IDLU-24UL40-UNBOO-OPP) plugged into one of the "F" sockets, and all is configured correctly (B thro H connected to A), and can record 8 broadcasts.
Silly newbie question is...What can I plug into the other F socket? I'd like to use a second (non Unicable) LNB pointing at Astra 19 deg).
Will I then be able to seemlessly receive either 28 or 19 broadcasts? If so, how does this second F socket appear in the setup....do I have to sacrifice Tuner H (or other) to use this second LNB?

Excuse the elementary nature of the question...as I say, I'm a newbie and am fascinated by this technology

Thanks
Iya

twol
23-01-20, 13:19
You could do: C,D,E,F,G,H attached to A (28.2E) and then B attached to the 19.2 E sat (if you look at the rear it say physical tuner input A and B and I assuming 28.2 on physical input A))
Or you could install a unicable lnb on 19.2E and then:
C,D,E,F attached to A (28.2E) and G,H attached to B(19.2E) which allows Viewing/recording on 19.2E

Iya
23-01-20, 14:57
So both F sockets are wired "together" so to speak? There's no difference between them, they end up feeding the same point on the tuner board?
Would I be better off buying another S/S2/S2X tuner module & fitting that?
I'm a bit confused between PHYSICAL tuners A & B, and the VIRTUAL A & B ( and CDEFGH).

Iya

abu baniaz
23-01-20, 17:38
An FBC module is a complex. It has two physical connections. They can be interlinked/internally connected like some non-FBC tuners, they don't have to be. It's your choice.

It has 8 demodulators. 2 are the physical connection ones which can be shared), the other 6 are what you decide to share with a physical connection.

You can hook up a unicable LNB to tuner A. You can hook up a normal/universal LNB to Tuner B. Or other way round. You can also use diseqc switch, positioner, USALS motor. Just like a normal tuner.

The golden rule of tuner config is that it must match what is hooked up to the tuner.

With regards to sharing out to C-H. If you share out a unicable connection, it will be an independent demodulator (barring processes that need RAW tuner). If you share out a universal LNB, it will be loop-through.

abu baniaz
23-01-20, 17:40
The simple answer is:
Hook up signal wire from 19.2 to tuner B.
Configure tuner B as: Simple, single, 19.2.

Iya
23-01-20, 17:50
Thanks guys....I've got it!!

All understood

Iya