PDA

View Full Version : Service app and xeev ( was before xtream editor)

Naz
21-01-20, 20:56
Vu solo 2 latest vix image , currently on xeev my settings are ipeetv 4097 , what is the best setting to have , gstreamer exteplayer or dvb1 , secondly I have the service app not sure what is does , had a look and there are options of players that are not installed , what would be the ideal setting for evening and recording . Thanks

Andy_Hazza
22-01-20, 07:14
Forget about recording IPTV, just treat it as LiveTv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naz
22-01-20, 19:47
Actually I can record iptv and watch another iptv channel , just wanted to know more about the service app and best settings

danny121pt
23-01-20, 09:31
Vu solo 2 latest vix image , currently on xeev my settings are ipeetv 4097 , what is the best setting to have , gstreamer exteplayer or dvb1 , secondly I have the service app not sure what is does , had a look and there are options of players that are not installed , what would be the ideal setting for evening and recording . Thanks

Here is a basic info I found over the years of tinkering with iptv playback, timeshift, recording.

Storage mounted as /media/hdd

Stream Types for recording
Via players with serviceapp

DVB and Default
DVB and ExtPlayer3
4097 and Default
5001 and 5002 stream types will normally bring up an error serv ref
Message for records.
Best for general playback and zap times, 4097 and extplayer3 but no record, better also for high frame rate USA stuff.
DVB and default best timeshift (rewind iptv)

Dont try and record 4097 and using extplayer3 in serviceapp as will lock up. altough very good for viewing iptv.

If single connection sub, watch freesat or different sub, press epg, tab along to different, set record on epg and dont use sub until its complete.

Job Done

If it say gstplayer not installed in serviceapp, you can telnet

cd /usr/bin

press enter then paste

ln -s gstplayer gstplayer_gst-1.0

Press enter (this will symlink it)