PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] ABM and CrossEPG Failing 28.2E

avi68
21-01-20, 20:08
Hi all,

I have noticed that my Vu Duo2 is failing to scan both ABM and EPG (via crossEPG) on 28.2e . I have tested my other boxes (Vu Zero and Octagon SF8HD) that are connected to the same sat dish and they are also failing to scan. However, I have noticed that channels are working e.g. I checked BBC one SD, BBC one HD, ITV2 HD, BBC two, ITV London, Channel 4.....

Tuesday last week (14th Jan) was the last successful scan done. On Wednesday evening I noticed none of the satellite channels were working, I looked outside and noticed that my dish "twisted", it literally went upside down due to the wind. I went on the roof and aligned it again with a satellite meter and an old white sly sd box. I thought everything was working as the signal was (and still is) great and channels were working but it seems as though something still isn't right if I cannot get epg and abm to scan.

The LNB was upside down and it was raining overnight, so I dont know if the LNB is faulty, but then would the channels not work at all?

I only realised today that the scanning was failing as my epg is missing and when doing a scan I got a failed message.
I also ran a manual satellite scan and it only retrieved 500 odd channels.

Could someone advise what it could be? Does it seem to be an LNB fault or a simple alignment issue?

Thank you

Regards,
Avi

abu baniaz
21-01-20, 21:19
You are not able to tune to the frequency/transponder ABM and CrossEPG uses. Looks like your LNB is knackered, you should be getting 900+ services.

avi68
22-01-20, 06:37
You are not able to tune to the frequency/transponder ABM and CrossEPG uses. Looks like your LNB is knackered, you should be getting 900+ services.

Thanks for the reply Abu. I've ordered another octo lnb.
Are there any other tests I could perform to ensure it definitely is the lnb?

abu baniaz
22-01-20, 18:22
Remove all satellite services, scan (not using ABM). If you have either only either Horizontal/Vertcail or low/high channels, definitley LNB fault.

Up (next to OK) > Green (satellites) >Highlight/Select 28.2 > Menu > Remove selected Satellite > Confirm > Restart

Huevos
23-01-20, 09:17
Thanks for the reply Abu. I've ordered another octo lnb.
Are there any other tests I could perform to ensure it definitely is the lnb?What about Sky news?

avi68
23-01-20, 19:27
Remove all satellite services, scan (not using ABM). If you have either only either Horizontal/Vertcail or low/high channels, definitley LNB fault.

Up (next to OK) > Green (satellites) >Highlight/Select 28.2 > Menu > Remove selected Satellite > Confirm > Restart

Ok I’ll try that. I did an automatic scan earlier and managed to get 941 channels on my vu duo 2 but less than 900 channels on my vu zero.

avi68
23-01-20, 19:28
What about Sky news?

That works perfectly.

avi68
23-01-20, 19:43
After running a full automatic scan, I can now get abm and crossepg scanning on my duo2. Now I’m confused:confused:

abu baniaz
23-01-20, 19:50
It might be an intermittent fault. ABM and CrossEPG uses 11778, Vertical, 27500.