PDA

View Full Version : blindscan on 22w doesnt work

manikm
19-01-20, 00:23
tried 3 images - but blindscan doesnt work on 22w, weird
every other sat (ive tried) works except 22w

manikm
20-01-20, 23:20
just updated OPENATV image, and now find it finds Vertical TPs but not Horizontal TP's
weird.
VIX still picks up nothing.

Huevos
20-01-20, 23:25
Whatever is going on is NOT related to the image, as both images used identical code to do the blind scan.

manikm
21-01-20, 01:17
Whatever is going on is NOT related to the image, as both images used identical code to do the blind scan.

could it be that theres been an update to the blindscan plugin, and openatv have included the update? trust me, i multiboot, and vix founds nothing on 22w, openatv finds vertical tp's only.

all other sats (except 22, 24.5 and 27.5w) are fine...

Huevos
21-01-20, 01:34
could it be that theres been an update to the blindscan plugin, and openatv have included the update?No. Both images build from the same source, and the code has not changed in 9 months.

BTW, that box uses dmmBlindScan, not the lovely plugin with all the options.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/Blindscan/src

twol
21-01-20, 08:48
@Huevos - never been able to work out where these receivers pick up blindscan.
Some like Vu+, Gigablue pick up from their meta-brands with specific blindscan bb‘s, others like zgemma just have an entry for blindscan in their conf, which I guess picks up this plugin??

Huevos
22-01-20, 23:47
@Huevos - never been able to work out where these receivers pick up blindscan.
Some like Vu+, Gigablue pick up from their meta-brands with specific blindscan bb‘s, others like zgemma just have an entry for blindscan in their conf, which I guess picks up this plugin??I think it auto-installs if "blindscan-dvbs" is in "MACHINE_FEATURES".

Blindscan plugin is available on the feeds for all hardware as there are also blindscan capable USB tuners, e.g. TBS5925.

manikm
08-08-20, 11:06
its very strange, even though there is a channel on 22w which i can view, when i do a blindscan, i get "NO TRANSPONDERS WERE FOUND FOR THOSE SEARCH PARAMETERS" - it then returns and shows me the channel - so there is AT LEAST ONE TP on there.
annoying bug in the blindscan module!

manikm
08-08-20, 11:32
its very strange, even though there is a channel on 22w which i can view, when i do a blindscan, i get "NO TRANSPONDERS WERE FOUND FOR THOSE SEARCH PARAMETERS" - it then returns and shows me the channel - so there is AT LEAST ONE TP on there.
annoying bug in the blindscan module!

tried swapping tuners, same result.

interestingly i tried a single satellite search (not blind scan) on 22w, and selected "network scan"....it brought in 68 channels (inc radio)

its so weird, how blind scan works on east satellites and some west, but not some specific sats

ronand
08-08-20, 11:59
Blindscan wont always pick up every transponder. There is not a lot on 22W - what exactly are you not finding? The 68 channels are all I can find too but admittedly my SF8008 does pick them all up with a blindscan. I don't think hardware blindscan was in the actual spec for the H7 series and was added afterwards so really should be considered a bonus that it works at all. Its one of the reasons I chose the sf8008 over the H7.

Huevos
08-08-20, 14:20
Blindscan wont always pick up every transponder. There is not a lot on 22W - what exactly are you not finding? The 68 channels are all I can find too but admittedly my SF8008 does pick them all up with a blindscan. I don't think hardware blindscan was in the actual spec for the H7 series and was added afterwards so really should be considered a bonus that it works at all. Its one of the reasons I chose the sf8008 over the H7.Please explain how a hardware feature can be "added afterwards".

ronand
08-08-20, 14:23
No idea. But there wasnt any at all when it first came out.

Huevos
08-08-20, 14:39
No idea. But there wasnt any at all when it first came out.Hardware features are built into the hardware. They can't be added later. I think what you really mean is software was added later to be able to access that built in hardware feature that was always present.

ronand
08-08-20, 15:53
Probably thats it. But its still not listed in the box spec.

Huevos
08-08-20, 18:51
annoying bug in the blindscan module!Not a bug in the blindscan module. This box doesn't even use the blindscan plugin, just some crap code someone tagged on the side. Scan is handled by the manufacturer's drivers.

But anyway blindscan has always been disappointing on enigma2 hardware. There are only 2 boxes that have relitively stable and repeatable blindscan results and H7 is not one of them. But a great box if you want to watch DVB and IP tv.

manikm
08-08-20, 18:55
Not a bug in the blindscan module. This box doesn't even use the blindscan plugin, just some crap code someone tagged on the side. Scan is handled by the manufacturer's drivers.

But anyway blindscan has always been disappointing on enigma2 hardware. There are only 2 boxes that have relitively stable and repeatable blindscan results and H7 is not one of them. But a great box if you want to watch DVB and IP tv.Thanks mate. What are the 2 boxes

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

manikm
22-08-20, 14:23
ive had a thought - maybe the channels on these west sats are low SR - and thats why it doesnt find anything on a blind scan.