PDA

View Full Version : Does the VU+ Uno SE 4K have blind scan ?

Emulated
16-01-20, 14:51
Does the VU+ Uno SE 4K have blind scan?
It appears not many receivers do and I wonder if its going to be fixed.

manikm
16-01-20, 18:05
why dont you post in the relevant section, users who have that model will be able to answer

Emulated
17-01-20, 09:33
why dont you post in the relevant section, users who have that model will be able to answer

Because I believed it was more relevant to be in here. Apparently only the cheaper end of the market do blind scan. VU+ Zero 4K but only one tuner is the top end price wise and quality but no room for a hdd. They keep bringing out new models when they are unable to get he existing correct. I will wait and see what turns up and keep my money in the biscuit tin.

Andy_Hazza
17-01-20, 11:59
Because I believed it was more relevant to be in here. Apparently only the cheaper end of the market do blind scan. VU+ Zero 4K but only one tuner is the top end price wise and quality but no room for a hdd. They keep bringing out new models when they are unable to get he existing correct. I will wait and see what turns up and keep my money in the biscuit tin.

The Octagon SF8008 is a great receiver & offers Blind Scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emulated
17-01-20, 12:39

Many thanks. I will settle for that. At least its half the price of the VU + UNO 4 K SE.

Andy_Hazza
17-01-20, 13:45
Many thanks. I will settle for that. At least its half the price of the VU + UNO 4 K SE.

I use a high capacity microSD card for my storage needs. But if you have a network drive you could pair it up to that. [emoji4]

Sicilian
18-01-20, 09:02

Other models as this are the Amiko Viper 4K and Gigablue UHD Trio.

Emulated
18-01-20, 11:09
Many thanks to all. I spent ages trying to find what was suitable and got lost in the muddle. I think the Octagon SF8008 will suit me. Good reviews, looks well made. No HDD but a network or USB drive will fit in nicely. I will get rid of my other receivers and now I can sort out the cabling muddle.