PDA

View Full Version : how to multiboot?

manikm
15-01-20, 22:22
hi guys,

just getting into this box, loving it so far.

i want to try a few images, so i have VIX - installed via USB.

how do i get other images into the other 3 partitions - and how would you pick which one afterwards?

when i download other images as ZIP files, do i put them on a stick and insert and do something within the VIX image settings somewhere...?

help would be appreciated.

twol
15-01-20, 23:05
If you want to try OpenPli or OpenATV then as per normal for online flashing ...
Blue Button /VIX/ ImageManager/ Download(yellow button) —-> choose OpenPli/OpenATV in download feeds -> select your image, then download
Once downloaded, select in list and hit flash(blue) button -> once flashed will reboot to new image

From either image long press power Button to get multibboot restart menu

daz450
15-01-20, 23:43
flashed open atv on multiboot fine thanks

manikm
16-01-20, 02:22
If you want to try OpenPli or OpenATV then as per normal for online flashing ...
Blue Button /VIX/ ImageManager/ Download(yellow button) —-> choose OpenPli/OpenATV in download feeds -> select your image, then download
Once downloaded, select in list and hit flash(blue) button -> once flashed will reboot to new image

From either image long press power Button to get multibboot restart menu

thank you very much

gws
21-04-20, 14:12
Being on lockdown and bored I tried the different images openPli and OpenATV. I cant see an advantage to these images over VIX, I much prefer the simplicity of VIX. How do I delete these images? Thanks.

twol
21-04-20, 14:14
You can either flash over them or go to ViX plugin and multibootmanager - and delete the slot contents

gws
21-04-20, 15:22
Thank you twol,sorted.

joysleep1
21-04-20, 15:39
Being on lockdown and bored I tried the different images openPli and OpenATV. I cant see an advantage to these images over VIX, I much prefer the simplicity of VIX. How do I delete these images? Thanks.

I agree, i remember trying openpli and ATV a few years back. It was awful i cant see why people would choose these images over openvix

ronand
21-04-20, 16:47
Theres worse than that. Some vu users even swear by blackhole

twol
21-04-20, 21:04
Because users often stick with their 1st image and then never look beyond ......... and like so many decisions, you read information that supports that view and disregard information that doesn‘t support your decision.

Some images are very good on their forums at expressing their weakness as a positive e.g other images coding is crap or they have tweaks to the image to make the image work, whereas „we“ being „pure“ wait on manufacturers to fix their drivers

Of course I am joking no image developers would act like this!