PDA

View Full Version : blind scan on this model?

manikm
10-01-20, 08:34
hey guys, interested in this box due to the 3 tuners, does it have a decent hardware blind scan does anyone know?> cant seem to find a proper answer anywhere?

thanks

manikm
11-01-20, 10:24
I found this - the tuner which the H7 series uses.
Can someone confirm blindscan works on latets VIX image?

The Si2169D offers an on-chip blind scan algorithm for DVB-S/S2/
S2X and DVB-C standards, as well as a blind lock function.

twol
11-01-20, 12:06
I am sure Huevos could confirm, but the only 2 receivers mentioned that really do blindscan well (that I have seen posted on the forums) are the SF8008 and Osmio4K

manikm
11-01-20, 22:22
i took the plunge, and will report back tomorrow

manikm
14-01-20, 23:14
ok thus far, what i have gathered, is that when using blind scan, you have to also select network scan, this is unusual, but without doing this, it misses about 80 odd channels.

i was disheartened at first, but then i was encouraged.

scanning 4.8east, on this VERY windy evening yielded 385 channels - without network scan, it was about 300. BUT it varied a bit on every scan, but it is VERY windy, so potential weak signals would be eradicated from the scan

it found a IM A CELEBRITY feed from Germany = so it IS finding channels not in a database....

will report back on maybe a better day...

Emulated
15-01-20, 19:55
I am sure Huevos could confirm, but the only 2 receivers mentioned that really do blindscan well (that I have seen posted on the forums) are the SF8008 and Osmio4K

Such receivers are very few and far between. I have been looking for such a receiver but none do an internal hdd. I hate clutter so an external hdd is a no no. I will wait and see what turns up but despite blind scan being a popular request allwe get is much of a muchness in receivers.

manikm
15-01-20, 22:14
i believe this receiver does blind scan just as well as the Edision 4k MIO - although slightly slower, by a couple of minutes.
for me, this is a top STB - there is ALSO no JITTER on 5w RAI multistream channels, there was on MIO 4k