PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD TRIO 4K] Blind scan on this box

manikm
08-01-20, 16:09
Hi support.

I have an Edision MIO 4K and was disappointed to learn afterwards, it didnt have gigabit LAN, only 10\100mb. I record my content to a NAS over my LAN (instead of HDD)

Im thinking it will struggle with 4K content when recording, due to the bottle neck of the receivers 10\100mb LAN link....maybe not???

Backup plan@ I'm thinking about getting the Gigablue 4K trio as this has 1Gb LAN, but I dont know if it has a sensitive tuner (like the Edision does) for BLIND SCAN, as i use that alot...

Would be great to have both in one box. 1Gb NIC, and Blindscan (with sensitve tuner)

thanks!

manikm
08-01-20, 22:00
Hi support.

I have an Edision MIO 4K and was disappointed to learn afterwards, it didnt have gigabit LAN, only 10\100mb. I record my content to a NAS over my LAN (instead of HDD)

Im thinking it will struggle with 4K content when recording, due to the bottle neck of the receivers 10\100mb LAN link....maybe not???

Backup plan@ I'm thinking about getting the Gigablue 4K trio as this has 1Gb LAN, but I dont know if it has a sensitive tuner (like the Edision does) for BLIND SCAN, as i use that alot...

Would be great to have both in one box. 1Gb NIC, and Blindscan (with sensitve tuner)

thanks!

I've answered my own question...10/100Mb NIC works fine
Recorded test UHD channel on 19e, played back, no break up.
Bit rate was around 22mbp/s at full 4K res.

It beggars belief why STB's are STILL being produced thesedays with USB2 and 10/100Mb cards, instead of USB3 and 1000Mb cards (gig)

abu baniaz
08-01-20, 22:25
costs money for the licence to use the parts.