PDA

View Full Version : Amiko-A6N-OTT setup issue

brundlefly
04-01-20, 23:27
i cant connect to portal via MyTv app..keep getting login failed...yet when i use different iptv apps with same login details i can connect...my box has latest updates...is there a known issue for MyTV app ?..any fixes as im thinking of returning it ? ta

Andy_Hazza
05-01-20, 09:42
Works fine. You need to provide your supplier with the ID not the MAC addy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brundlefly
05-01-20, 16:28
ok getting somewhere....got tv...how do you set up epg on MyTV app ?..im getting no epg..also how do you get the picons next to the channels ?
cheers

Sicilian
06-01-20, 06:23
ok getting somewhere....got tv...how do you set up epg on MyTV app ?..im getting no epg..also how do you get the picons next to the channels ?
cheers

These are down to your provider.

CRUMBLIN
06-01-20, 13:13
Yes, I would agree, mine just appear without any configuration.

brundlefly
07-01-20, 14:50
ok yes..gave mac id and epg is now working fine..however im still having an issue with selection subtitiles..i cannot get them to work...i have enabled subtitles in "MyTV" settings...when i go to a channel ie, bbc1 etc , i cannot toggle the option to turn on the subtitles..current its set to "off" with a tick next to it...i cannot change it to "on"..tried all buttons on remote but just cannot toglle it to come on..see pic ..

CRUMBLIN
07-01-20, 20:57
I think that what you claim to be a tick is the "down" button. try pressing it on the remote.

brundlefly
07-01-20, 22:31
I think that what you claim to be a tick is the "down" button. try pressing it on the remote.

No mate..not the down button..I've tried all buttons..it is in fact the ok button..because I can toggle other options in that pic..ie audio,conversion , jump interval...just not the subtitles..

abu baniaz
08-01-20, 11:06
Are the subtitles being "broadcast"?

brundlefly
08-01-20, 13:17
Are the subtitles being "broadcast"?

Not sure...I would assume so...ie bbc1, bbc2 etc..

Andy_Hazza
08-01-20, 14:06
Not sure...I would assume so...ie bbc1, bbc2 etc..

Doesn’t work like that I don’t think. It’s not like Terrestrial, Cable or Satellite. You may find its not available with IPTV.

brundlefly
08-01-20, 22:45
oh dear thanks..no subtitles then..damm it.:eek:

Sicilian
09-01-20, 10:26
oh dear thanks..no subtitles then..damm it.:eek:

Subtitles are down to the provider to provide them, nothing to do with the device.

loppoman
21-02-20, 13:49
Hi, I cannot get past "Failed Login". What login info is it looking for? Can someone please do a short tutorial how to setup MyTV?

Andy_Hazza
21-02-20, 13:57
Hi, I cannot get past "Failed Login". What login info is it looking for? Can someone please do a short tutorial how to setup MyTV?

You just need to giver your IPTV Provider your MAC from MYTV app.

CRUMBLIN
22-02-20, 14:07
From personal experience I found MyTV 2 a bit hit and miss with some IPTV providers, having taken out three months sub with three different providers although they may have been resellers of the same server, I don't know. however all three stopped working before my subs expired with the login failed problem, despite having worked for a couple of months at least, contacting the providers involved failed to resolve the problem , one even claimed not to cater for my device despite it working initially. Other providers that use their own interface/player seem to be the safest.

Andy_Hazza
22-02-20, 14:14
From personal experience I found MyTV 2 a bit hit and miss with some IPTV providers, having taken out three months sub with three different providers although they may have been resellers of the same server, I don't know. however all three stopped working before my subs expired with the login failed problem, despite having worked for a couple of months at least, contacting the providers involved failed to resolve the problem , one even claimed not to cater for my device despite it working initially. Other providers that use their own interface/player seem to be the safest.

I think most likely a provider issue and will be nothing to do with the box. I find this box (Amiko A6N) and the Formuler z8, Formuler Alpha to be excellent IPTV boxes and the MYTV2 & MYTVOnline2 apps are great & easy to use.

Sicilian
22-02-20, 14:15
If the provider works with a Formuler or a MAG will work fine on the A6 models.

brundlefly
08-03-20, 16:45
When using playlist on my amiko a6n I get no epg, no Vod, no tv series...however if I use portal settings on same box, I get evrything as I should,epg , vod, tv series etc. Iptv line is from same provider...I could add epg url from xmlt with my username and password but there is no option to add this in the settings.

Andy_Hazza
08-03-20, 17:10
When using playlist on my amiko a6n I get no epg, no Vod, no tv series...however if I use portal settings on same box, I get evrything as I should,epg , vod, tv series etc. Iptv line is from same provider...I could add epg url from xmlt with my username and password but there is no option to add this in the settings.

You need to provide your MAC ID address to your supplier.