PDA

View Full Version : Audio out.

Emulated
04-01-20, 11:57
Had a new monitor instead of switching my computer input screen. The only problem is my GB UHD Quad 4K only has the spidf connection. The monitor only has phono out which is a bit weak. Pity the Gigablue does not do usb sound, the same as my computer or rca. Maybe get an Ultimo, RCA out and plugable tuners.

twol
04-01-20, 12:03
The monitor has built in speakers? If so why doesnt it take the audio from the hdmi?

Trial
04-01-20, 12:22
Hi,
when you are satisfied with the Quad why not a simple SPDIF -> RCA converter? They start at around €15.

Ralf

Emulated
04-01-20, 12:46
Its a 16" monitor, no room for anything bigger and no speakers. Asus VT168H. I have a usb mini soundbar which used to work well with my old laptop. Maybe a phono to usb adapter would work.

Emulated
04-01-20, 12:50
Hi,
when you are satisfied with the Quad why not a simple SPDIF -> RCA converter? They start at around €15.

Ralf

Yes its worth a try and its not bulky to hide amongst the other cables.

Emulated
08-01-20, 20:31
Hi,

Ralf

I tried spdif but the sound was very quiet. In the end I got a WAVE A1. Usb of receiver for power and 3.5mm into the monitor earphone output. Amazing for its size. Jsy £21-95.