PDA

View Full Version : Universal / Legacy Setup to UniCable

KuchKuch
29-12-19, 13:20
I'm in the process of switching from a Legacy setup to UniCable, however I'm finding it a lot of trouble finding a satellite installer who knows anything about UniCable and are saying to me they "can switch the LNB, but if it doesn't work they still want to get fully paid". Therefore I a wondering if someone can confirm that switching from a "Legacy" setup to UniCable is simply a matter of the following:

Having a UniCable LNB
Having a compatible UniCable splitter
Having a satellite receiver with FBC tuners to fully take advantage of UniCable

If it is simply a matter of the above I'm tempted to just replace the LNB myself unless anyone can foresee potential problems.

abu baniaz
29-12-19, 13:28
FBC tuners are not a requirement.You can use unicable with ordinary tuners on Enigma2 receivers. Some non-enigma2 receivers support them too. But yes, full usage is with both technologies.

The only thing to be aware of is that the unicable LNB needs an adapter to fit on a Sky mini dish.

KuchKuch
29-12-19, 13:31
The only thing to be aware of is that the unicable LNB needs an adapter to fit on a Sky mini dish.

I take it this only applies if you are using a Sky Zone 1/2 dish? If you are using a "universal" dish no adapter is required, correct?

abu baniaz
29-12-19, 13:35
Yes. Sky uses a 38mm collar. Unicable LNBs are 40mm wide. If you are not using a Sky mini dish, the unicable LNB will fit.

KuchKuch
29-12-19, 13:39
Thanks...I'm set to go.

dubrov
29-12-19, 21:00
If your current setup involves a Quattro LNB and multiswitch, another option is to just change the multiswitch to a Unicable one.

KuchKuch
31-12-19, 13:52
Managed to get this done, but I keep getting the tuned failed message.

I've read the sticky and changed "Delay after enable voltage before switch command" to 9900, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Huevos
28-01-20, 00:29
Managed to get this done, but I keep getting the tuned failed message.

I've read the sticky and changed "Delay after enable voltage before switch command" to 9900, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

"Delay after enable voltage before switch command" -> "Unicable delay after enable voltage before switch command"